International students are welcome to apply for VUB Scholarships for the European Master of Science in Photonics. The Vrije Universiteit Brussel will award several full scholarships of 10,000 EUR per year to cover the costs of living in Brussels.
Vrije Universiteit Brussel is a globally focused university in Brussels, the heart of Europe. Through tailored high-quality studies and education, VUB intends to contribute to a stronger culture for the future in an effective and engaged manner. All applicants planning to enroll at Vrije Universiteit Brussel will have the opportunity to demonstrate their technical expertise during the entry review prior to final admission. Following our program’s approval, each grant request will be evaluated on the basis of competence and encouragement.
TheB-PHOT, the VUB’s Brussels Photonics Research Group, also provides competitive scholarships to talented academics. All students enrolled in the MSc. A B-PHOT Excellence Scholarship at VUB may be awarded by the Photonics research group without the need for a separate implementation operation. Applicants who receive the B-PHOT Excellence Scholarship must complete an MSc. VUB thesis. Students who graduate with honors and demonstrate success in expertise and applications will be encouraged to pursue a PhD at VUB B-PHOT. The new VUB B-PHOT Excellence Scholarships are now available to all new global learners.
About the Scholarship:
Brussel’s Vrije Universiteit (VUB) Regarding this soundlisten (helpinfo) (English: Free University of Brussels-VUB) is a research university in Brussels, Belgium that is bilingual in Dutch and English. It has four campuses: the Brussels Humanities, Science, and Engineering Campus (in Ixelles), the Brussels Health Campus (in Jette), the Brussels Technology Campus (in Anderlecht), and the Brussels Photonics Campus (in Anderlecht) (in Gooik). The Vrije Universiteit Brussel arose from the 1970 split of the Université libre de Bruxelles (English: Free University of Brussels-ULB), which was founded in 1834 by Flemish-Brussels lawyer Pierre-Théodore Verhaegen.
He wished to establish a university free of the influence of the state and the church, with a strong emphasis on academic freedom. This is still reflected in the university’s motto, Scientia vincere tenebras, or Science conquering darkness, as well as its more recent slogan, Redelijk eigenzinnig (in Dutch), or Reasonably opinionated. As a result, the university is pluralistic – it is open to all students on an equal basis, regardless of ideological, political, cultural, or social background – and it is managed through democratic structures, which means that all members – from students to faculty – participate in decision-making processes.
The university is divided into eight faculties that carry out the university’s three primary missions: education, research, and community service. Natural sciences, classics, life sciences, social sciences, humanities, and engineering are among the fields of knowledge covered by the faculties. Around 8,000 undergraduate and 1,000 graduate students are enrolled at the university, which offers bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees. It is also a strongly research-oriented institute, which has led to its ranking as the 189th best university in the world. Its research articles are cited more frequently than those of any other Flemish university. Vrije Universiteit Brussel’s faculties, services, and departments are spread across three campuses in the Brussels Capital Region: Etterbeek, Jette, and Anderlecht. In addition, we have campuses in Gooik, Leuven, and Diest.
Moving is not only enjoyable and healthy, but it can also help to reduce study-related stress and improve concentration. Enjoy the various sports that the VUB has to offer, ranging from recreational to competitive. Being a student can be a bit of a party. With St-Vé, the Humanistic Singing Festival, Baptism, and various ludic rituals, the VUB has a rich tradition of student folklore. In addition, you can visit the legendary TD’s, numerous nice Brussels cafés, or immerse yourself in some cool Brussels scenes.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Vrije Universiteit Brussel
Host Country(s): Belgium
Scholarship Worth: £10,000
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
The VUB Scholarship provides the following benefits to the recipient:
European Master of Science in Photonics Scholarships at VUB
The Vrije Universiteit Brussel will award several full scholarships of 10,000 EUR per year to students enrolled in VUB’s European Master of Science in Photonics program. This scholarship is intended to cover the living expenses associated with studying in Brussels. Every application will be reviewed for excellence and motivation.
The B-PHOT Excellence Scholarship Program
1. Three 1000 Euro entry scholarships will be awarded at the start of the first semester of the MSc’s first year. The recipients are the top three students based on our selection criteria.
2. Three Continuation Scholarships of 1500 Euro will be awarded to the top three students based on academic performance after semester 1 at the start of the second semester of the first year of the MSc. Students who did not receive an Entry Scholarship will also be considered for a Continuation Scholarship.
3. At the start of the second year of the MSc, one Excellence Scholarship worth 5000 Euro will be awarded.
Eligibility for Scholarship
1. Eligible Countries: All countries around the world
2. Languages required: English International students must meet the following language requirements:
3. A TOEFL-TEST, taken within the last two years, with a score of at least 570 (paper-based) or 87 (computer-based) (internet-based)
4. An original “test report from” (TRF) from IELTS, issued no more than two years ago, with a minimum overall band score of 6.0.
5. Cambridge-ESOL: First English Certificate (FCE)
6. Holders of a secondary or higher education diploma from a recognized Flemish Community institution are exempt from submitting proof of language proficiency.
7. You are also exempt from the language test if you have successfully completed a minimum of one year (60 credits) of secondary or higher education in which English was the medium of instruction (an official certificate must be submitted).
8. Please keep in mind that if your proof of English proficiency or APS certificate is not ready by the deadline, you can always submit it later rather than missing the deadline.
Bridging physics, engineering, and photonics students will be awarded fellowships. Applicants must have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, (Applied) Physics, Materials Sciences, or a related field. Students in their final year of such programs will be considered as well. Applicants with a bachelor’s or master’s degree in another engineering field are welcome to join the program through a personalized preparatory program. This preparatory program can be combined with a bachelor’s or master’s degree program.
Belgian Bachelors with degrees in IR Architecture, Physics, Chemistry, Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Industrial Science – Electronics/ICT, Engineering Science, or KMS Polytechnical Department are eligible to apply for the 30-ECTS preparatory program.
The Vrije Universiteit Brussel Scholarships 2022 is open to all international students
Please go to the official website link provided at the end. However, the following are important steps to take in order to be eligible for this scholarship:
(1) Because applications can only be submitted online, prospective students are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
(2) Please include the following documents:
– a clear copy of your ID
– a CV
– a motivation letter
– two recommendation letters
– an official bachelor’s degree or a graduation certificate
– a complete and official record transcript BSc
– official master’s degree or graduation certificate
– complete and official transcript of records MSc
– official language diploma
– a comprehensive overview of bachelor course content description
The application deadline for Vrije Universiteit Brussel Scholarships 2022 is April 01, 2022