A scholarship opportunity is available to potential Master’s students who have been offered admission to the University of Westminster’s MSc Real Estate Development program, with a focus on people from Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic, and/or female backgrounds. Part-time students are eligible for this prize as well.
About the Scholarship Provider:
The Royal Polytechnic Institute, which laid the foundation for the University of Westminster, was established in 1838. It is widely regarded as one of the UK’s oldest and most prestigious educational institutions. In 1992, the institution was granted the title “University of Westminster,” which translates to “University of the Royal Court” in English. The university is led by Vice-Chancellor Dr. Peter Bonfield OBE and Chancellor Lady Frances Sorrell. Its primary campus is situated on Regent Street, at the heart of London, and it maintains three additional campuses in the nearby areas of Fitzrovia, Harrow, and Marylebone. The university has established partnerships with various organizations, including the European Foundation for Management Development, Universities UK, the European Institution Association, and the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS).
The University of Westminster is organized into three colleges, twelve schools, and sixty-five departments and research institutes. It offers a wide range of academic programs, including 99 professional and short courses, as well as 231 graduate-level courses. These programs are available for both full-time and part-time study, as well as through open enrollment and distance education. The university receives substantial funding, totaling £22 million, for research grants, awards, and contracts. Renowned individuals who have earned degrees from this institution include architects Sir Thomas Bennett and Fougasse, animator John Ryan, and notable authors like Mary Jo Bang and David Gascoyne. The university has also produced successful entrepreneurs such as Sinclair Beecham, Julian Metcalfe, and Robert Bellinger, as well as well-known comedians like Charlie Brooker, Asif Kapadia, and Tej Lalvani. Distinguished faculty members include Sir George Cayley, known as the “Father of Aeronautical Engineering,” Charles Algernon Parsons, a pioneer in steam turbine development, and Tom Ang, a BBC television presenter. Other notable figures associated with the university include political theorist Chantal Mouffe, modernist poet Ezra Pound, and media history professor Jean Seaton, who specializes in BBC history.
The university offers accommodation with a total of 1,750 beds across six buildings, making it the largest university accommodation provider in the country. For students who cannot secure a place in university dormitories, the institution assists in finding private housing options. All of the residence halls have convenient access to campus through the university’s transportation system.
While the University of Westminster does not offer its own scholarships and grants, there are numerous external options available to students, such as the Brittan Scholarship, the Brian Large Bursary Fund, and the Westheimer Health and Social Care Scholarship. Students’ time at Westminster is likely to be one of their most transformative experiences, both personally and professionally. The university offers a wide range of social, sports, and cultural events, allowing students to interact with peers from around the world. International students are provided with support services, including English language classes, a knowledgeable support staff, and a diverse range of extracurricular activities, to help them adapt to their new environment. London, as the epicenter of international trade, banking, and creative industries like fashion, art, music, and cinema, offers a unique and dynamic backdrop for education. The University of Westminster’s campus serves as the gateway to a comprehensive learning experience that encompasses all that London has to offer.
SeNSS is one of only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC, and they will be offering a handful of fully-funded ESRC doctoral studentships beginning in September 2023. SeNSS is one of the only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC.
Scholarship Sponsor(s):University of Westminster
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: £10,000
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
- The selected awardee will receive a grand total of £10,000, with £5,000 being transferred to their specified bank account in the month of October, and an additional £5,000 being disbursed in January.
The Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship is administered by the University of Oslo’s Centre for Educational Measurement (CEMO). As part of the visiting scholar program, CEMO and the University of Oslo host a number of young researchers from Norway and elsewhere each year.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- In order to be eligible, you must satisfy the following conditions:
- Qualify as a Home student for fee purposes and possess an offer of admission from the University of Westminster for either the full-time or part-time MSc Real Estate program, which is set to commence in September 2023.
- Be either a student from a Black, Asian, or Minority Ethnic background or a female student.
- Hold a minimum Honours Degree with a classification of 2.2 or higher.
- Be the first member of your family to embark on a journey of higher education at a university.
- Maintain an annual household income that does not exceed £25,000.
- It’s important to note that individuals who have already completed a Postgraduate degree are not eligible to submit applications for this scholarship. Furthermore, it should be noted that if your selected course falls into any of the following categories, you will not be eligible to apply for this scholarship:
- Postgraduate Diploma
- Professional courses (e.g., RIBA pt III, ACCA, CIMA, CiLEX)
- Conversion courses (e.g., Graduate Diploma in Law)
- Integrated Masters/MPhil/PhD programs
The University Of Westminster 2024 Landsec Postgraduate Scholarship, UK, is open to all international students.
If a student enrolls in one of the degree programs offered by SOAS University of London, they may be eligible to receive a fee waiver award in the amount of £5,000. This award is available to students who are interested in receiving a degree from SOAS University of London.
- If you qualify and are keen to submit your application, kindly proceed to the University of Westminster’s official website at www.westminster.ac.uk to initiate the application procedure. Once you have filled out the application form, it is essential to make sure that you include your undergraduate transcripts as attachments in PDF format and forward them to [email protected] for submission.
The application deadline for the University Of Westminster 2024 Landsec Postgraduate Scholarship, UK is October 6, 2023.