Unlocking Opportunities at the University of Melbourne: International Undergraduate Scholarships
Recognizing the remarkable contributions made by international students and the University’s unwavering commitment to equity and diversity, the University of Melbourne proudly extends its arms to award undergraduate scholarships to international students embarking on their academic journey.
Discover the University of Melbourne
- A Legacy of Excellence: Founded in 1853, the University of Melbourne is the oldest university in Victoria and the second oldest in Australia, bearing a legacy of academic excellence and a commitment to nurturing bright minds.
- A Hub of Learning: The University of Melbourne offers a diverse array of courses and programs that lead to officially recognized higher education degrees, ranging from pre-bachelor degrees, such as certificates, diplomas, and associate or foundation degrees, to bachelor degrees, master degrees, and doctorate degrees in various fields of study.
Rising in Global Rankings
- A World-Class Institution: The University of Melbourne’s high global rankings are a testament to its commitment to educational excellence. It proudly holds the 33rd position globally according to the Times Higher Education ranking and ranks 41st by QS World Rankings.
- Exceptional Graduate Employability: The university’s graduate employability ranking stands at an impressive 11th globally, showcasing the readiness of its students to enter the workforce immediately upon graduation.
- A Legacy of Success: Beyond its rankings, the University of Melbourne boasts a distinguished list of alumni, including up to nine Nobel Laureates, a testament to the remarkable impact it has had on the world.
International Undergraduate Scholarships
- The University’s Tribute: The International Undergraduate Scholarships are a testament to the significant contribution made by international students to the diversity of the University’s student population. It’s a celebration of the global tapestry of talent that enriches the academic environment.
- No Application Required: The beauty of these scholarships lies in the fact that you do not need to submit a separate application. All eligible students who have received an unconditional offer for admission to an undergraduate degree will automatically be considered for this generous opportunity.
- Tailored Assistance: The University of Melbourne offers a range of scholarship benefits to international students, ensuring that financial constraints do not hinder your academic pursuits.
- 50% Fee Remission Scholarships: This scholarship covers a 50% remission from tuition fees for the normal duration of an undergraduate degree.
- 100% Fee Remission Scholarships: The 100% fee remission scholarship ensures a full waiver of tuition fees for the standard duration of an undergraduate degree.
- $10,000 Fee Remission Scholarships: For an added boost, a one-time $10,000 fee remission is available in the first year of an undergraduate degree.
Eligibility and Application
- Global Reach: The University of Melbourne International Scholarships is open to international students, excluding those from Australia and New Zealand.
- Limited Opportunities: The University offers 50 Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarships, with selection criteria strictly based on merit.
- Essential Requirements: To be considered, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Citizenship: Applicants must be citizens of countries other than Australia and New Zealand and should not hold permanent residency in Australia.
- Unconditional Offer: Ensure you have received an unconditional offer for an undergraduate course.
- Academic Excellence: Meeting exceptional academic standards is crucial. This includes outstanding final year school results, such as 4 A-grades in the GCE A-Levels, an ATAR of 99.9 in the Australian Year 12 program, an overall score of 98% in an approved Foundation program, or an International Baccalaureate (IB) score of 44. Additionally, applicants should not have undertaken any tertiary studies prior (excluding extension studies completed as part of a year 12 program).
Application Procedures and Deadlines
- Seamless Consideration: There is no separate application for the scholarship program. Once you submit your course application, you will be automatically considered and evaluated against other international applicants based on academic merit.
- Application Due Date: All eligible students who submitted their course application by the deadlines in late December and May 31 will be automatically considered and ranked against other international applicants based on academic merit.
Selection and Outcome
- Competitive Selection: International Undergraduate Fee Remission Scholarships are awarded based on academic merit and allocated competitively, with quotas based on course and region.
- Rounds of Selection: There are five selection rounds, with a designated number of scholarships available for each round. These rounds are conducted in November, December, and January for students starting in Semester 1 or 2 and in April and May for students commencing in Semester 2.
- Prompt Notification: If your application is successful, you will receive an email notification within two weeks of the selection round.
- If you have any further queries or require additional information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Application Details and Deadline
- Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website, where you can also find comprehensive details on applying for this scholarship.
- Application Deadline: The deadline for this scholarship opportunity is May 31 in the academic year, so seize the opportunity to fulfill your educational dreams at the University of Melbourne.