The International Merit Scholarship is open to all undergraduate and graduate students. If the award is given in the spring semester, it is only for the spring and summer. The scholarship will mirror the residence tuition rate for international students on F-1 and J-1 visas. The scholarship is just for tuition & fees. This scholarship does not cover any other expenditures such as lodging, meals, transportation, personal expenses, books, supplies, or health insurance. Only UHV students are eligible for the scholarship. Fall grantees will get grants and waivers for the fall, spring, and summer semesters, while spring recipients will receive awards and waivers for the spring and summer semesters for undergraduate and graduate full-time study at UHV. This grant gives a $1000 guaranteed scholarship for on-campus students.
About the Scholarship:
The University of Houston-Victoria was founded in the late 1960s as a result of a grassroots effort by the local community. Their goal was to establish a higher educational institution in Victoria. Following a meeting with Texas legislators in 1973, community representatives were successful in establishing an off-campus center for the University of Houston. The University of Houston Victoria Center was the name of this off-campus location. University of Houston-Victoria is a public university in Victoria, Texas. 3,273 undergraduate students and 1080 postgraduate students are among the 4,353 students enrolled at UHV. The school has a total of 241 faculty members that teach various courses to the students. At the University of Houston-Victoria, almost 53% of students are under the age of 24. Around 42% of students at UHV are of Hispanic origin, 31% are white, and 15% are Black or African American. In terms of gender distribution at the university, around 65 percent of students are females and 35 percent are boys. Some of the school’s well-known alumni include Sarah DeMerchant, Van G. Garrett, Alan Weddell, and Chad Waligura. This university is responsible for the achievement of a number of other high achievers. The university has a well-equipped sports facility. It also encourages its pupils to participate in sports because it aids in character development. UHV has 52 undergraduate and graduate programs to choose from, including both residential and online options. A long list of accreditations is also available for the university. AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business), CACREP (Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs), CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education), and SACS (Society for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs) have all given it their seal of approval (Southern Assn. of Colleges and Schools). UHV is currently a vibrant destination institution in Texas’ Coastal Bend region, serving educational needs, promoting economic well-being, and improving the university’s and community’s quality of life via teaching, research, and service excellence. UHV’s enrolment has risen to about 5,000 students, and the university awards approximately 1,095 degrees each year. More than 20,900 people have graduated from UHV. UHV offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in three schools: Arts and Sciences, Business Administration, and Education, Health Professions, and Human Development, all of which are led by President Bob Glenn. In addition to UHV Katy, the Victoria campus offers both online and face-to-face programs. Dual admissions programs with Victoria College, Wharton County Junior College, Coastal Bend College, Houston Community College, Lone Star College, and others help transfer students. The master’s and specialty programs at UHV provide students with job prospects. Graduate programs in education, business, publishing, forensic psychology, creative writing, and computer information systems are available at the university. For Fiscal Year 2020, UHV spent more than $398,580 on research and sponsored programs.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Houston-Victoria (UHV)
Scholarship Country: United States of America
Scholarship Worth: $10,000
Study Level: Postgraduate
Nationality: International Students
The scholarship can lower the total cost of education by $3000-$10,000. (two semesters),
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Applicants must be accepted as a UHV student.
The student must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits at UHV for undergraduate students and 9 credits for graduate students at the time of grant.
Students who are returning or who are currently enrolled must complete two semesters in order to graduate (semester receiving the scholarship cannot be the final semester)
- For undergraduate students, a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher is required, and for graduate students, a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is required.
- If they book before the deadline, all international students will be assured on-campus housing and will be able to stay for the duration of their study. On campus, there are four residence halls. Barnes, Lindsay, Holly Cross and The Oaks, and Horwood are among the cast members.
- Approximately 2,800 students are housed in these halls collectively. There are en suite and ordinary rooms available, as well as catered choices. The surrounding area is noted for its reasonably cost lodging.
- International Student Orientation is required for F-1 and J-1 students in Victoria or Katy.
- Students with non-immigrant status must maintain good academic and immigration status.
- Have a proven track record of academic success.
- COMPLETE BOTH OF THE APPLICATION FORMS FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP
- To begin, fill out the UHV General Scholarship Application online. (It’s possible that by the time you finish this application, the deadline will have gone.) Don’t be concerned; simply keep working on the application. Regardless of the deadline, we need you to complete this application as well). When submitting an application for a spring merit scholarship, the General Application may indicate that the deadline has passed (October 15). Ignore this deadline and submit your application regardless. The deadline for international students is November 15th.
- Use your UHV account and password to log in.
- Second, apply for an International Student Merit Scholarship. Please keep in mind that you will need to attach the application criteria. The application, along with any submitted attachments, will be instantly emailed to the International Programs Office after you hit submit.
- Both of the above applications must be submitted in order for your scholarship application to be considered.
The University of Houston-Victoria 2022 International Student Merit Scholarship is open to all International Students
Application Instructions: Aspirants need enroll in the university’s undergraduate and graduate degree programs to apply for the program.
Documents to Support: All official transcripts and proof of bacterial meningitis vaccine should be emailed or mailed to University of Houston-Victoria, 3007 N. Ben Wilson St. Victoria, TX 77901 Attn: Admissions & Student Recruitment.
The application deadline for University of Houston-Victoria 2022 International Student Merit Scholarship is November 15, 2022. It should be worthy of note that$10,000 University of Houston-Victoria 2022 International Student Merit Scholarship is renewable every year.