The Université Paris-Saclay Scholarships 2022-2023 are full-fee master’s degrees for international students. The UPSaclay scholarship is worth 10,000€ per year. Depending on the candidate’s country of origin, a maximum of 1,000€ for travel and visa expenses may also be awarded.
The Université Paris-Saclay wishes to expose international students to master’s (nationally certified) programs, to teach in its affiliate institutions, and to make it easier for highly qualified foreign learners to join its University, particularly those who wish to create an educational venture through studies up to the doctoral stage.
About the Scholarship:
Paris-Saclay University, established on January 1, 2020, combines the academic components of the former Université Paris-Sud, four “grandes écoles” (CentraleSupélec, AgroParisTech, ENS Paris-Saclay, and IOGS), and a research institute in a new university (IHES). Two universities, the University of Versailles Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines and the University of Evry-Val d’Essonne, are involved in the project as part of a plan to merge with the Paris-Saclay University by 2025, and six national research organizations (CNRS,CEA, INRAE, INRIA, INSERM, ONERA) are also involved as part of a strengthened partnership.
CentraleSupélec (CS) is a French research and higher education institute in engineering and science. It was founded on January 1, 2015, as a result of a strategic merger of two leading grandes écoles in France, Ecole Centrale Paris and Supélec, to form one of the most prestigious and selective grandes écoles in France. It is a founding member of the University of Paris-Saclay, the T.I.M.E. (Top Industrial Managers for Europe) network, and the CESAER (European Engineering Schools Association). The institution offers CS engineering degrees, master’s degrees, and PhDs.
AgroParisTech is a higher education and research institute (“Grande Ecole”) dedicated to addressing some of the world’s most pressing challenges of the twenty-first century, including feeding a growing population while managing territories sustainably, conserving natural resources, fostering innovation, and integrating the bioeconomy.
Université Paris-Saclay is located south of Paris, at the heart of a comprehensive ecosystem of research and innovation that stretches from Paris south to Orsay, through Evry to the east, and Versailles to the west. It benefits from a strategic geographical and socioeconomic position that is enhanced by its international visibility. The Ecole Normale Supérieure Paris-Saclay, a prestigious public higher education and research institution founded in 1912, is one of the major French GrandesÉcoles, which are regarded as the pinnacle of French higher education. TheENS Paris-Saclay offers its students a high-level cultural and scientific education through its multidisciplinary departments and associated research laboratories. The four years of study at ENS Paris-Saclay are structured in accordance with traditional European university curricula (BA/BSc and Master’s degrees), as well as complementary training and some specialized courses.
The Institut d’Optique aims to bring together all photonics-related activities in a single institution: research, higher education and training, innovation, business creation, consulting, and technology transfer. It is the first Western training institution in physical sciences for optics and photonics at this level. Graduates work as engineers, researchers, or managers in a variety of fields. They develop technologies that are at the heart of major technological revolutions and have an impact on many areas of our society, including aeronautics and space, energy and sustainable development, optical and digital information technologies (signals, data, and images), defense and security, transportation, telecommunications, biosciences and health…
The university is known for its cutting-edge research. The 275 laboratories shared by the country’s seven research institutions (CEA, CNRS, IHES, Inrae, Inria, Inserm, ONERA) account for 13% of French research potential. As such, it offers students a diverse range of high-level training courses in a variety of subjects, including Natural Sciences, Engineering & Technology, and Life Sciences & Medicine. Innovation is just as important in higher education. The Paris-Saclay Campus also benefits from its location in the world’s largest innovation cluster, which is home to key enterprise R&D centers as well as a strong network of incubators for start-ups and FabLabs.
Université Paris-Saclay is a driving force for the development of its territory and one of the top higher education institutions in France, with 48,000 students, 9,000 professors and lecturers, and 11,000 technical and administrative staff. Paris-Saclay University has a strategic geographical and socioeconomic position that is bolstered by its international visibility. Cutting-edge, with a predominantly scientific focus but also recognized for its training in human and social sciences, Université Paris-Saclay operates on a classified and protected natural site near Paris, in the heart of a dynamic ecosystem.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Université Paris-Saclay
Host Country(s): France
Scholarship Worth: £10,000
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
The following benefits are available to recipients of Université Paris-Saclay Scholarships:
- The Université Paris-Saclay scholarship is worth 10,000€ per year. It is paid by Université Paris-Saclay for the duration of the academic year and for a period of ten months in a row (September to June).
- Depending on the candidate’s country of origin, a maximum of 1,000€ for travel and visa expenses may be awarded.
- Laureates will receive their scholarship and travel expenses only after arriving in France and enrolling in the program to which they were admitted.
Eligibility for Scholarship
To be eligible for Université Paris-Saclay Scholarships, candidates must meet all of the requirements listed below:
- Languages required: English
- Countries that are eligible: Candidates from all over the world are eligible:
- Students admitted to a Université Paris-Saclay Master’s program and enrolled at one of the following administrative institutions: AgroParisTech, CentraleSupelec, ENS Paris-Saclay, INSTN-CEA, IOGS, UVSQ, UEVE, Paris-Sud University. Only those students who meet one of the following criteria are eligible to apply:
- Newly arrived international students aged 30 and under during the selection year.
- Students of foreign nationality who have been or are currently enrolled in a training course or internship that does not lead to certification and have been or are currently living on French soil for less than a year.
- Foreign students living in France for less than a year and taking language classes (type FFL).
- Students who have previously lived in France as part of a mobility program during their studies (e.g. Erasmus Mundus Joint Master’s Degrees, exchange program…) that did not result in certification.
Candidates who are ineligible include:
- All students who have previously attended or are currently enrolled in a French higher education institution, excluding international students enrolled in a French higher education institution abroad.
- Individuals who have been absent from school for more than two years in a row.
- Students with any other type of scholarship that exceeds 650€ per month.
The Université Paris-Saclay Scholarships 2022-2023 is open to all international students
To apply for this scholarship, please follow the steps outlined below:
- Create an account on the university’s application platform and fill out your application using this link.
- Selected students for a master’s degree program will receive an email with a link to an online application form.
Students who wish to apply must complete the online application form and provide (mandatory) the names of two references who are willing to submit a reference for the candidate (professors, internship coordinators, etc.) after receiving this email.
- Each of the candidate’s two references will receive an email with a link to an online recommendation form. They will be required to complete and submit the form before the time limit.
- They will be asked to complete and submit the form before the scholarship call closes.
- When each reference submits the form, the candidate will be notified automatically.
- The application will be considered complete once both recommendation forms from the two references have been submitted.
- The candidate will not receive an email confirming that his or her application has been submitted.
- The candidate is responsible for ensuring that both references complete and submit the form by the deadline specified in the invitation email.
Applications that are incomplete or received after the deadline will be rejected automatically.
The application deadline for Université Paris-Saclay Scholarships 2022-2023 is May 18, 2022