Victoria University of Willington encourages international students to apply for the Tongarewa Scholarship for the academic year of 2022-2023. Each year the university awards international students with a wide range of criteria intended to help and support them all throughout their academic years.
As the university offer range of scholarship annually, interested students must make sure that they have reviewed all the scholarship offers to better meet the criteria and eligibility process. All scholarship application has no limit, if the students have been awarded more than one scholarship, then they have to make sure that they can handle the regulation applied to a certain scholarship.
The Tongarewa Scholarship offered by the university is one of the commitments they want to offer for the international student community. The scholarship will be awarded to international students who have outstanding academic excellence and support for their communities.
A partial-fee scholarship can be used towards the student’s tuition fees for one year. The competitive scholarship will be opened to the undergraduate students or students who will be commencing their postgraduate degree at the university, any shortlisted students will be requested to provide their additional information that may support the scholarship application.
Scholarship Provider: Victoria University of Willington
About the Provider
Victoria University of Willington located in New Zealand was a public research university that is located in the heart of the capital city and is well known for its program offered such as humanities, law, and other scientific disciplines of research and other relevant courses.
The university will assure every local and domestic student that they can build their career, knowledge, and strategic plans towards their education and future career developments. The program and courses will provide every student with the skills they be needing for a better and brighter future.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Degree Level: Undergraduate or Master students
- Field: Any eligible courses offered by the university.
- Duration: 1 year
- Number of Awards: 19
- Nationality: International
- Scholarship Value: up to $10,000
The students must be able to meet the following criteria for the scholarship before proceeding to the application process.
- Must be an international student who pays on their full international education fees.
- Must be admitted to the university as 1st year or freshmen at an undergraduate degree or postgraduate degree.
- The international students who completed their secondary education in New Zealand will be unqualified.
- Must not take or completed any EAP English Academic Purposes or Foundation Studies Program.
- The international students who studied from one other the university partners will not be accepted for the scholarship application.
- The students must not be in their second year at the university,
Interested students may complete their applications at the scholarship portal provided by the university. A completed application must be submitted before the closing date of the scholarship.
The application process may require the following supporting documents that will support the international student’s application. Students are required to submit the following:
- Official transcript of records
- Other relevant documents that can provide the students academic excellence.
- Conditional or unconditional offer at the university.
- 500 words of personal statements outlining why you wanted to study at the university, your academic merits, and your goal. You can also include any leadership position and any details that involve the community or in the university.
The app system uses a dashboard that will turn green and show a 100% completion of the application. Students can also import some relevant data if they have any applications for the precious scholarships. It is important to review the following data or any other documents provided before finalizing the application process.
After the application is completed, students will be receiving an email to confirm that all documents and forms have been successfully submitted. All incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
The selection committee will be reviewing all the successfully submitted applications and documents based on the given criteria, eligibility, academic merits, and statements.
Shortlisted students wil be notified through their registered email.
The scholarship is a partial fee that can be used towards the student’s tuition fee.
- $10,000 for ten deserving international students for both undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
- $5,000 for 9 deserving international postgraduate students only.
The scholarship award will be credited to the successful student’s tuition fees.
Terms and Condition
- The offer of the scholarship is subject to the recipient being fully enrolled in the full-year program within the set criteria and duration of the scholarship (full time equals the score Studylink considers full time). As long as these conditions are not met, the grant will not be paid.
- Scholarship cant be deferred to a later year.
- Scholarships may be awarded in conjunction with other scholarship awards.
- If the scholarship holder withdraws from Victoria University of Wellington or does not make satisfactory progress during the term of this scholarship, partial payment of the scholarship is generally expected.
- Scholarship holders must notify the scholarship office of their withdrawal.
- Recipients are expected to act as ambassadors for the university and must be able to participate in relevant marketing events or activities upon request.
- Discretion of the deciding authority, the application of the scholarship conditions can be modified in any circumstances or to avoid difficulty for any grant applicant.
Scholarship Deadline of Application
All application forms and supporting documents must be completed by Jun2 2, 2022, 4:30 pm on New Zealand time. The students who didn’t complete their application on time will not be considered for the scholarship applciation reviews.
The application can be normally open in one month or prior to the scholarship closing date. It is a good idea to submit the official email address provided on your application to know the status of the scholarship applciation after the closing date of submission.
The Tongarewa Scholarship for International students will be offered annually by the Victoria University of Willington.