Students attending Singapore Management University as full-time students are eligible to apply for the JLFO-Lim Hoon Foundation Scholarship, which was initially established in 2022. The purpose of the program is to provide undergraduate students who can establish a need for financial assistance with the resources they require to flourish academically and to give recipients the recognition they deserve for their achievements.
About the Scholarship Sponsor:
A private institution, Singapore Management University (SMU) dates back to its founding in the year 2000. A local businessman by the name of Ho Kwon Ping was given the responsibility of assisting in the establishment and growth of the institution in 1997 by the government of Singapore. Through an agreement reached in 1999 between the Wharton Research Centre and the university, collaboration between the two institutions began. The effect of this was that in the year that the agreement was in place, SMU established not one but four schools, three centers, and a library. The university is notable for its commitment to the traditional educational practices of the United States.
Schools such as the School of Information system, the School of Economics, the School of Accountancy, the School of Law, the School of Business, and the School of Social Sciences may be found on the campus of Singapore Management University. These structures are accessible to the general public and are connected to a walkway that runs between them. In addition, there are digital classrooms, seminar and conference rooms, as well as an administrative building on the site. In addition to that, it features a variety of lodging options that come fully equipped with the essential conveniences. In addition to this, the public transportation is very convenient for getting to and from the school. In addition to that, it provides free access to its Wi-Fi network, as well as its well-appointed fitness centers, laboratories, a sports area, and a swimming pool. The Law Library, which occupies a space measuring 2,700 square meters, has the capability of housing 16,000 print volumes and can provide seating for more than 500 individuals.
Students at Singapore Management University are given the opportunity to tailor their education to their specific career goals by selecting from a wide variety of undergraduate, postgraduate, professional, and specialized degree programs. The university’s curriculum includes courses in business management, accounting, and economics, among other related fields of study. In addition, students are assisted by qualified industry professionals. In addition, experienced professors from other institutions frequently visit the university to provide guest lectures on topics related to fieldwork. In addition, students are taken on field trips to local businesses in order to provide them with hands-on experience.
There are many famous people who attended this university, such as the chess player Jason Goh, the actress Rebbeca Lim, the swimmer Russell Ong, the artist Liyann Steet, the actress Jade Seah, the member of parliament Pritam Singh, the athlete Poh Seng Song, the television personality Pornsak Prajawit, the singer Adithya Srinivasan, and the singer Yip Pin Xiu (Swimmer).
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Singapore Management University
Scholarship Country: Singapore
Scholarship Worth: $10,000
Scholarship Type: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
- A subsidy of SGD 10,000 will be applied toward tuition fees and other costs associated with the student’s education.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- undergraduates at SMU studying business, accountancy, or economics on a full-time basis and enrolled in the Lee Kong Chian School of Business, School of Accountancy, or School of Economics.
- Citizens of Singapore and residents who have made Singapore their permanent home.
- Excellent performance in one’s studies.
- a track record of success in leadership roles.
- Consideration given to people who can establish a need for assistance financially.
The Frank Ferguson Fellowship is an initiative of the Engineering Institution of Zambia and the Irish Government to support Zambian students who wish to pursue a Master of Science in Engineering in Ireland during the academic year 2023-2024.
The Singapore Management University 2022 Lim Hoon Foundation Scholarship is open to all International Students
- Are you interested, and do you qualify? To submit your application to Singapore Management University (SMU), please visit admissions.smu.edu.sg on their website.
- In order for applicants who are interested in being considered for this scholarship to do so, they are need to mention their interest in the Scholarship area of the online application form for admission. It is not necessary to submit a separate application for the scholarship.
- Applicants who can demonstrate that they are in need of financial assistance will be given priority consideration for this scholarship. Additionally, applicants are required to submit an application for financial assistance on its own. After submitting the online application for admission, you will have access to this function through the Applicant’s Self Service. When it opens for its yearly exercise on the first of January and closes on the last day of May, prospective applicants have the opportunity to submit their application for financial help.
The application deadline for the Singapore Management University 2022 Lim Hoon Foundation Scholarship Is January 31st, 2023.