To invite and encourage international students to pursue their undergraduate degree in the USA, The University of Hawaii at Manoa offers a scholarship that can cover their tuition fee expenses and other educational-related fees for the academic year of 2022-2023. The Undergraduate Student Scholarship is intended for students who can demonstrate their academic merits and their willingness to further their education and achieve their career goals.
UISS International Undergraduate Student Scholarship
The scholarship application is currently being offered to the international students who will be commencing their undergraduate degree in any eligible courses offered by the university. The students must be holding an F-1 visa or J-1 Visa and 3.0 GPA to be considered for the scholarship awards amounting to up to $10,000 with a minimum of four years to study at the university.
Scholarship Provider: University of Hawaii at Manoa
About the Provider
The International Student Services Service (ISS) is responsible for maintaining university state compliance with international students. ISS seeks to support the success of international students through the following efforts:
- Inform students of immigration regulations that affect their status in the United States
- Provision of programs to promote intercultural adjustment
- Serves as a resource for campuses and the international student community
- Advocacy for international students and education
The University of Hawaii at Manoa established the International Students association with one common goal, to provide support to every international student who is willing to take their education and contribute to their community and to their home country.
Knowing that leadership experience and cross-cultural communication are essential for any successful international organization, the early years of PALS focused on building these qualities in its members. As members develop diverse leadership experiences and the organization’s mission is better defined.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Undergraduate
- Field: Any eligible courses offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: $10,000
- Scholarship Country: United States
- Scholarship Duration: Up to four years.
To be eligible, applicants must meet all of the following/defined criteria:
- The students must be new or continuing UH Manoa students who have or will have F-1 or J-1 visa status during the approval period.
- Applicants are required to enroll full-time (minimum 12 credits) in the UH Manoa courses each awarded semester unless they are in their final semester and have obtained permission from the ISS to enroll full-time.
- New students are required to submit ACT/SAT scores.
New transfers/new students must apply for admission to UHM for consideration. Applicants for a second bachelor’s degree and students without a degree (eg students from other universities here on an exchange program) are NOT eligible.
If you currently hold an International Merit Fellowship (IMAS) or Manoa International Excellence Fellowship (MIES), you will not be eligible for IUSS Scholarship.
- For the Incoming Freshman 3.0 GPA score and HIgh ACT or SAT.
- For the Incoming Transfer students, a GPA score of 3.0 and the GPA should be verified by the admission office.
- For Continuing students the GPA must be 3.0 and will be based on the last two semesters at the University.
Applicants must have graduated from or in the process of graduating from high school with a cumulative or overall GPA comparable to a United States B of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale or above.
Interested international students can complete their application forms through an online portal provided by the University. If the applicants already submitted an application for admission it will be automatically considered by the university, the application for the students who have submitted their admission will be the top priority of the scholarship.
For the continuing students who are currently enrolled even if they are in their first semester at UH Mānoa. Complete the online IUSS application.
You must have an email account to access the app. If you are currently logged in to your personal account, you will not be able to open or access the app and might receive an error message. In this case, log out of your personal account and then return to the link where you will see login information for your UH account.
The University of Hawaii at Manoa will provide the following benefits for successful undergraduate students:
- $10,000 per academic year.
- The scholarship awards can be used for tuition fee expenses and other related educational fees.
- High-quality education that can develop their skills and knowledge towards their education and build chances for more opportunities.
- The scholarship cannot be combined in both semesters and will be granted only for one semester but will be divided to $5,000.
- Notification will be sent for both Successful and unsuccessful applicants.
Scholarship Terms and Condition
- The scholarship academic year will start in the fall semester.
- The awardee will be verified before the beginning of the fall semester based on the number of the total credit towards their graduation.
- Awardees must be able to enroll in a full-time eligible program for the undergraduate degree minimum of 12 credits.
- Scholarships can be renewed but the scholarship recipient must be able to maintain their GPA of 3.0.
- Students are encouraged to create their UH refund if in case there will be complications on their tuition fees.
- Notification about the scholarship renewal will be provided for the awardee.
The application deadline will be depending on each category.
- For the continuing students, the deadline for submissions and applications will be until March 1, 2022. New students will not require any application and will be automatically considered after admission.
- Freshman and Transfer students will be automatically considered and the scholarship result will be announced by March 1, 2022, or after the acceptance letter has been released by the Admission office.
- Continuing students must be able to complete their first semester at the University of Hawaii in Manoa. Students must be able to complete their application forms at the UISS. The awards will be made until April 1, 2022.
- The scholarship will be offered annually for all international students.
- The scholarship awards will be released 10 days before the start of the semester.
- An award notice will be provided upon request.