By aiming to support and inspire the international students in every way possible to further their education and achieve their future goals, the University of Utah offers the International Academic Scholarship for the academic year of 2022-2023, intended for the first time, first-year undergraduate students that are non-resident in the USA that will secure a financial award to up to $10,000 to cover their educational cost at the university. The students will be assisted towards their admission.
Scholarship Provider: University of Utah
About the Provider
The University of Utah in the USA want to extend their support to local and international students to fulfill their educational journey at the university by offering a variety of scholarship and financial aid that can help them lessen their financial barriers.
Throughout the year, the University of Utah aims to build and develop more future leaders all over the globe that can help their home country and the community. The university offers high-quality education that will equip every student with the right knowledge, skills, and better understanding in an in-demand degree for their future career goals in this competitive generation.
The University of Utah has a variety of scholarships and financial aid, maintaining aid and resources to provide. Other scholarships and financial aid will be based on the student’s academic merit and their leadership skills. The university wants to generate an impact of sharing new discoveries, knowledge, and innovations.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Undergraduate and graduate
- Field: Any field courses offered by the university.
- Duration: 1 Year
- Scholarship Award: $10,000
- Scholarship Country: USA
Scholarship Value Details
The scholarship award will be valued at $10,000 annually and will be paid for every Fall and spring semester by $5,000.
The University of Utah will be based on the academic merit of the applicants that will be able to provide them with their educational cost funding covering their full-tuition fee and another related study cost in a full-time degree at 12 credit hours.
The cost of books and another course fee will not be shouldered by the university scholarship.
Further Value Details
The scholarship offered by the University of Utah will begin in the 2022 fall semester and will scholarship recipients may be able to renew their awards to up to 8 semesters. The renewal can possibly be made until the recipient of the award can take their undergraduate degree but must maintain their academic merit. Summer enrollment will not be available for the scholarship.
- Must be an international student and be able to enroll in an undergraduate full-time degree at the university.
- The applicants must have a good academic merit
- The international students must be classified as non-residents in the USA.
- Gpa of 3.50 or higher.
Renewable Eligibility Requirements
Renewal for the scholarship has its requirements, to further your degree at the university the students must meet the following:
- the students must maintain a GPA of 3.50
- must be able to complete at least 24 credits in two semesters.
Failure to maintain the requirements may lead to the cancellation of the scholarship. The scholarship committee will be reviewing the application and scholarship renewals annually. Keep in mind that once the scholarship has been canceled it cannot be regained again.
- Students must be able to confirm their admission to the university.
- After being enrolled at the university, eligible students must be able to accept the scholarship terms.
- After accepting the scholarship terms, students must be able to activate their student accounts at the university.
- After setting the student’s account at the university portal, students must be able to activate their accounts which will be the way of communication towards their scholarship fundings.
Confirming the Acceptance of the Scholarship
- The students must be able to confirm the acceptance of the scholarship.
- By accepting the intent of the admission or the enrollments, students must agree and read all the terms and conditions of the scholarship awards.
- The scholarship award will be available to deserving students by May 1, 2022.
- In case the students have not yet confirmed their admission at the university, the scholarship will not be considered may cancel.
- The Utah Academic Scholarship applies to tuition and mandatory fees only. The International Scholarship cannot be combined with any other University Merit Awards Scholarships and is only available to students earning their degrees at the main campus.
- This award does not apply to enrollment or fees during the summer period unless use during summer enrollment is specifically stated and you continue to meet all eligibility criteria (and use during the summer period counts towards your maximum amount). Eligibility Conditions); To use your scholarship during the summer, you must complete the UOSFA Summer Assistance Application to apply for the award.
- Receiving other scholarships may affect the eligibility or number of Utah Academic Scholarships.
- If you are classified as a foreigner at the time of receiving this grant and your residence classification has changed to a resident, the amount of your grant will be adjusted according to the residency rates.
The complete admission process for the scholarship is until December 1, 2022.
- The funds available for the scholarship will be intended for the student’s tuition fees.
- It is important to follow the guidelines to be able to proceed with the scholarship acceptance.
- The students who cannot maintain their GPA may lead to the cancellation of the awards.
- For the international students whose first language is not an English language, they are required to provide an English Language Proficiency test score.
- Good communication in oral and written English.
- The scholarship committee will be reviewing the eligibility of the admitted students at the University of Utah.
- The scholarship wil be offered annually for the international students who want to further their undergraduate degree as freshman students at the university.
- There is no separate application for the scholarship, the enrollment proof, and scholarship eligibility will serve as an application for the scholarship.