The University of Houston-Victoria in the USA invites all eligible undergraduate and graduate students to apply for the International Merit Scholarship for the academic year of 2023-2024. The scholarship offered by the university intends to provide assistance to international students who want to further their higher education in the USA and achieve their academic and professional goals.
International Merit Scholarship
The International Merit Scholarship will be awarded to successful international students which will help them reduce the total cost of tuition fees for two semesters, the reduced cost will be between $3,000-$10,000. International Students who hold an F-1 or J-1 Visa will reflect residency tuition fee rates.
The scholarship awards will only cover the tuition and other related fees at the university. Those international students who are living on-campus will be automatically granted $1,000. Keep in mind that the scholarship will not be covering the student’s accommodation, visa, meals, personal expenses, travel expenses, insurance, and other related personal expenses.
Learning at the University of Houston-Victoria (UHV) as an international student can be a difficult yet remunerating experience. International students will actually want to submerge themselves in an assorted and comprehensive local area, where they can gain from experienced staff and connect with students from various societies and foundations.
The university offers help administrations to assist international students with acclimating to life in the US and succeeding academically. These may incorporate language support, academic support, and admittance to nearby campus resources. International students are likewise urged to take part in extracurricular exercises, clubs, and associations to additional improve their university experience.
Scholarship Provider: University of Houston-Victoria
About the Provider
The University of Houston-Victoria in Victoria, Texas, offers a one-of-a-kind blend of brilliant, reasonable, and customized scholar and administration opportunities to enable students to become successful 21st-century citizens in an undeniably complex world. The university offers certified and broadly positioned programs at a reasonable cost with programmed scholarship opportunities for international students. UHV ensures that its graduates are given all the tools they need to transform society and the world.
At the University of Houston-Victoria, the International Projects’ capabilities as an impetus for internationalization and a center point for everything international for International Students and Researchers, as well as the local students, trying to expand their horizons.
International Programs (IP) of the university fill in as the center point for Internationalization and all aspects of Worldwide Commitment. The IP is committed to offering types of assistance and projects that help the development, advancement, achievement, and maintenance of domestic students, international students, and researchers in all parts of their life in the US and the world. IP endeavors to foster worldwide pioneers and worldwide citizens who will challenge the present and enhance what’s to come.
International Program progresses and works with international commitment at UHV to upgrade the intellectual and individual experience of all students. IP goes about as the middle for multifaceted understanding by advancing social skills and worldwide mindfulness. IP effectively works to team up with divisions, personnel, and staff in a way that reinforces and expands the Worldwide Consciousness of all students at the University of Houston-Victoria.
The is focused on enlisting a student body that incorporates students from around the world. The communications among students with various foundations and encounters establish a unique climate where to learn and reside. International students flourish at UHV. At both the undergraduate and graduate level, they have students addressing over 25 nations, carrying a profoundly different worldwide local area to the campus grounds.
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Undergraduate and Graduates
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Fields: Any Eligible fields offered for the international students
- Number of Awards: NA
- Duration: Two semesters
- Scholarship Awards: Tuition fee reduction
- Scholarship Country: United States
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
The applicants must meet the eligibility criteria for the scholarship.
- The applicants must be admitted to the University of Houston-Victoria
- At the time of the scholarship awarding, the students must be registered for 12 minimum credits at the University of Houston Victoria for the undergraduate degree and 9 credits for the graduate degree students.
- Returning students must have two semesters remaining before graduating.
- Current or returning students must meet the GPA required by the university. A GPA of 2.5 and above will be accepted for the undergraduate degree and a GPA of 3.0 for the graduate degree students.
- The applicants must have approval for the volunteer opportunities at the university and must be approved in advance. If possible, the scholarship recipient for the spring semester must re-apply for the fall scholarship before the deadline.
- International students must be holding a valid student visa or another non-immigrant visa. See the list of information about the required visa on the official page of the university.
- Must be able to demonstrate their academic achievements.
The application can be accessed in an online portal provided by the university.
- The applicants must complete both scholarship application form
- Keep in mind that as part of the application process, students are required to submit additional materials to support their application.
- All information needed for the scholarship application must be completed in order to be considered for the evaluation of the application.
- New students are required to be admitted before applying for the scholarship opportunity of the university.
- The scholarship committee will be reviewing all the applications submitted and the successful applicants will be contacted for an interview. The students will be notified via their registered email by the first week of July.
The University of Houston-Victoria will be providing a tuition fee reduction of between $3,000-$10,000 to successful international students for up to two semesters.
How to Maintain the Scholarship:
- The recipient of the award must be able to maintain their full-time status at the university.
- Must be able to meet satisfactory academic requirements and immigration status during the time of the scholarship.
- The required GPA for undergraduate and graduate students must be maintained.
- Must be able to contribute or be part of voluntary activities at the university.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until June 15, 2023. Late and incomplete applications will not be considered.