The Ontario Tech University is partially a technology institute as well as a science advancement center. This public research university has a prime focus on bringing in international students that are highly skilled in their technical vocation or field study, who wish to achieve a Master’s degree or higher.
The institute is a newly established university, which was created in 2002. There are only seven facilities which are named:
- The Faculty of Business and Information Technology (FBIT)
- The Faculty of Energy Systems and Nuclear Science (FESNS)
- The Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science (FEAS)
- The Faculty of Science (FS)
- The Faculty of Health Science (FHS)
- The Faculty of Social Sciences and Humanities (FSSH)
- The Faculty of Education (FE)
- The Faculty of Graduate Studies
This university offers both online/in-person classes which is also called ‘Hybrid learning’ for any students that need the extra advantage to work from home.
Interestingly enough, this university offers another option called ‘micro-credentials’ which involves an advantage to improving work skills or learning skills that an individuals on career has created recently. In a simpler format, this is the best way to learn a new skill for someone’s current career so they can advance within their own study field. This is perfect for individuals who are currently happy with their career choice but wish to advance their placement.
Students that are interested in this scholarship will be working towards a degree in one of these academic programs:
- Computer science
- Software design
- Data science
- Digital media
- Game technology
- Information technology
- Networking information technology
- Cyber security
- Integrated Math and computer science
- Technology management
- Engineering technology
Students can simply refer to the ‘academics’ section and look for what accompanying programs fit within their own study field.
Other academics that this university has available includes:
- Health sciences
- Industrial mathematics
- Biological sciences
- Automotive engineering
- Chemical biology
- Women in nuclear engineering internship program
- Communication and digital media studies
- Concurrent education
- Criminology and justice
- Electrical engineering
- Educational studies
- Forensic psychology
- Health physics and radiation sciences
- Human health sciences
Students that do apply for this scholarship should understand that they will need to insist that they will be planning on going to Ontario Tech University to pursue not only the scholarship but the desired program for undergraduate students.
- Applicants must be considered either an undergraduate or on their secondary school student who is about to encounter their next step as an undergraduate.
- This is strictly for international students only.
- The applicant must be studying outside of Canada currently, when they apply.
- This scholarship award is dedicated in finding the best high-achieving international technology students all over the globe.
- This scholarship can only be used (after awarded) at Ontario Tech University where the student will need to have a student visa to study in Canada.
- This is a full yet single academic year duration scholarship. If the student decides to quit or apply for a gap year, the scholarship will be considered void and the individual may have to pay back a percentage that has already been used.
- Only 5 students are picked to receive the scholarship award per academic year.
Every applicant that wishes to apply for this highly competitive scholarship should understand that the best of the best who are studying science technology, or technology as a general form… will be submitting there best and highest grades to this opportunity.
Students that are chosen or picked for this international leaders award may be required to dedicated at least 40 hours of volunteer time, for each semester. Which equals out to 80 hours for the entire first year.
The applicants can be from any country outside of Canada, also residents or permanent citizens of Canada are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
How to Apply
The best way to apply is through the University website, they will provide an online application portal. Where all potential applicants can look through the guide and be able to fill out the form, along with providing needed identification, records, transcripts, grades, and even their CV.
Reward – Extra Benefits
The reward involves $10,000 or a potential higher value amount depending on the recipients that are chosen for that academic year.
This amount covers tuition and any other fees that may pop up for the student.
This $10,000 amount can be increased based on how well the student has performed on their own grades and previous college year. This documentation or transcripts along with a ‘letter of recommendation’ and a ‘statement mission’ will need to be sent in with the application as well.
Deadline for Time Line
The official deadline time is on February 24, 2023. That is students or applicants must have sent in their application before February 24, 2023 to be deemed or considered for this award opportunity.
Here at Pick a Scholarship we offer a full range scholarship database for all students looking for varying degree levels. While we provide exact information for each scholarship application and when the deadlines/open submission windows are held. We offer a contact section on each post where the admissions of the university or the director of a private sponsor can be reached to give more information or details.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submission window time frame will begin in December of 2022. Throughout the Winter season, students will be able to submit their international leaders award scholarship through the website portal that the university provides on their website.
Annual or Renewable Scholarship Option
This scholarship is an annual academic one, however, only a single student can apply and win this scholarship once. So that means the scholarship is in fact, not renewable.
We ask all potential applications to go through the original website for the scholarship and check the university ‘FAQs’ section before using the contact address. Because typically the contact address can be used as a last resort especially if the deadline is fast approaching.