For the students of Ghana, Pakistan, Nigeria, Sri Lanka, and Turkey who will be commencing their higher degrees, this will be a good opportunity to start your education with the help of the Great Scholarship offered by the Univerity of York in partnership with the British Council and the Great Britain Campaign. The Great Scholarship is intended for eligible international students who will be commencing their education for the academic year of 2022-2023. The Great Scholarship is one of the ways to promote education and how the students experience the United Kingdom as one of the best places to students and do business.
The scholarship will be funding a total of £10,000 for the deserving eligible international students who will be admitted to a postgraduate degree at the university. A total of five students will be awarded for the academic year of 2022-2023, to lessen their financial boundaries and be more focused on their studies to better achieve their career plans and future goals.
Scholarship Provider: The University of York in partnership with the British Council and Great Britain Campaign
About the Providers
York is one of the world’s leading institutions for inspiring and life-changing research. The university attracts renowned scientists whose research brings vitality and innovative ideas to the education you receive in York.
As a member of the Russell Group of 24 leading UK universities, the university is committed to upholding the best standards in research and teaching. Ranked 14th overall and 10th for research impact in the 2014 Times Higher Education rankings for the Research Achievement Framework. The Research Achievement Framework (REF) is a peer-reviewed assessment of the quality of research at UK universities.
Studying at the university can give you a vibrant feeling because of its location with full of cultures and places to visits. Every international student will get the chance to meet people from all over the world with a friendly campus and community that can help every student actively participate in every event to better build their confidence, knowledge, and skills.
The university wil challenge, develop, inspire and support every student all the way to better achieve their goals.
The British Council has built their understanding connection and trust between the people in the United Kingdom and abroad with the help of education, arts and culture, and the English Language.
They help young people gain the skills, connections, knowledge, and confidence they seek to fulfill their potential and participate in strong and inclusive communities. They support them in learning English, receiving a quality education, and earning an internationally recognized degree. Their work in the arts and culture encourages creative expression and exchange and fosters creative initiative.
The Great Britain Campaign is an advantage to better promote the United Kingdoms place to do a visit, students and businesses. The British Council works closes since 1944 to Ghana, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Turkey, and Nigeria to connect and give opportunities to thousands of students who wish to further their education in the UK. The Council aims to create and develop a new network and platform that can provide the young generations a voice through their society and communities.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicants Nationality: Ghana, Sri Lanka, Nigeria, Turkey, and Pakistan
- Degree Level: Postgraduate
- Field: Any eligible courses offered by the University of York for the postgraduate students. For Ghana students, they can apply for the Law Courses at the university.
- Duration: 1 Year
- Number of Awards: 5
- Scholarship Awards: £10,000
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before heading to the application process, interested students must check the eligibility requirements of the scholarship.
- The applicants must be a citizen of Ghana, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Nigeria, and Turkey.
- Must be holding an offer of conditional or unconditional to study for a one-year post-graduate degree at the University of York by May 27, 2022. The students don’t need to accept the offer.
- Must be a paying student at an overseas rate any fee will be assessed and m ut be completed by May 27, 2022.
- Must have good communication skills in oral and written English. The language condition must be met by May 27, 2022.
Note: Ghana students are required to have an offer of the courses below:
- LLM International Human Rights Law and Practice
- LLM Legal and Political Theory
- MA Applied Human Rights
- LLM Art Law
- LLM International Corporate and Commercial Law
- LLM Law
The students will not be considered and eligible if:
- You are already been awarded a full-tuition fee scholarship and or fully funded scholarships.
- Current students at the University of York and already started your degree in the previous year.
- Interested applicants can access the application via the online portal provided by the University of York. As part of the application, the applicants are required to answer certain questions that can distinguish themselves on how they are serving to achieve the scholarship program.
- The application will require the students to provide some supporting documents to prove and confirm their nationality.
- The application form is divided into three fields: personal information, previous and current academic qualifications, and further questions. In the last section, you will be asked to answer three essay-type questions. Each has a limit of 1,500 characters (letters, spaces, and punctuations), so you may want to type this answer into a Word document and paste it into the form as you like. Please answer all questions in English.
- applicants will be receiving a copy of your answer by email after you confirm receipt of your application. You can only submit one application, so please review your answers carefully before submitting. If you see an error in your personal data after submitting it, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org instead of submitting and creating a new application.
The University of York in partnership with the British Council and Great Britain Campaign will be awarding 5 deserving students in Ghana, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Nigeria, and Turkey to further their education in the UK. The scholarship total value will be £10,000 that can cover their educational expenses at the university.
All applications must be submitted until May 27, 2022, Friday at 11;59pm BST.