Seeking to advance in your studies as a disabled person can be very difficult. However, there is a scholarship program here to put a smile on your face. The Google Lime Scholarship program is open to undergraduate or graduate students who plan to enroll as full-time students at a university in the United States or Canada for the 2023 academic year.
The Google Lime Scholarship is now available to full-time undergraduate and graduate computer science students living with disabilities. Therefore, Google has partnered with Lime Connect to help college students with disabilities work toward their academic goals in computer science.
So, in this article, we discuss everything about this funding initiative for disabled people and the step-by-step process to apply for this scholarship.
Table of Contents.
- About the Google Lime Scholarship Award
- Who Funds the Google Lime Scholarship?
- How much is this scholarship worth?
- Eligibility Requirements
- How to Apply for the Google Lime Scholarship
- Required documents
- Google Lime Scholarship Deadline
- Frequent questions
About the Google Lime Scholarship Award
Google has been proud to support the work of Lime Connect since 2008. Therefore, they are committed to helping tomorrow’s innovators make the most of their talents by providing scholarships and networking retreats for computer science students with disabilities.
In addition, candidates will also be considered for software engineering internship opportunities with Google.
You can also check out Top 10 UK Scholarships for International Students
Who Funds the Google Lime Scholarship?
Google partners with Lime Connect, a nonprofit organization that supports students with disabilities as they pursue their education and promising careers, to sponsor the Google Lime Scholarship to help college students with disabilities work toward their academic goals in the field of computing.
How much is this scholarship worth?
The Google Lime Scholarship awards candidates 10,000 USD (for those studying in the US) or 5,000 CAD (for those studying in Canada) for the 2023 school year. In addition, they will be invited to attend the Google Scholars Retreat in the summer.
To apply for the Google Lime Scholarship, you must meet the following requirements. Therefore, the applicant must be:
- a current undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral student enrolled in a university in the United States or Canada; and also
- Continue current studies or intend to enroll in or be accepted as a full-time student in a new program (for example, graduate and earn an advanced degree) at a US or Canadian university in the 2023 academic year
- Earn a degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or a degree in a closely related technical field (such as software engineering or electrical engineering with a large number of computer science courses)
- Maintain good academic performance.
- A student with a visible or invisible disability (defined as someone who has, or is believed to have, a long-term or recurring problem that affects one or more major activities that others may view as a daily function); this definition also includes the perception, among others, that a disability exists. We know that 90% of disabilities on campus are invisible and this encourages candidates with all disabilities to apply.
- Exemplify leadership and show commitment and passion for computing and technology.
- Unfortunately, previous Google Lime Fellows cannot be considered.
Level/field of study
Computer Science or Bachelor of Computer Science in Undergraduate, Masters, and Ph.D.
Any citizen registered to study in the US/Canada.
How to Apply for the Google Lime Scholarship
So, to apply for this scholarship, you need to follow these steps religiously:
- To start your application, first, visit the official website.
- Then sign in or join the Lime Network and launch your app
- You then need to submit the required documents along with your completed application form, where you fill out your education, contact, and experience information.
These documents are very important and if any of them are missing, your scholarship application will be in jeopardy:
- Current resume and unofficial transcripts
- Four essays: this is your chance to show us your passion for computing.
- A letter of recommendation from professors, advisors, or supervisors ( Names and email addresses of references must be entered before the application deadline; letters of recommendation are due one week later. )
Google Lime Scholarship Deadline
The application for the Google Lime Scholarship will end on December 5 of each year.
The Google Lime Scholarship is worth $10,000 for American students and 5000CAD for Canadian students.
It is only open to US/Canadian students
Honestly, the Google Lime Scholarship is not open to high school students.
Only disabled students studying technology-related courses at US/Canadian universities are eligible
The application for the Google Lime Scholarship will close on December 5, 2023.
If you are disabled and studying any computer-related course in the US or Canada, then this Google Lime Scholarship will be a great help in achieving your dreams.