This undergraduate merit scholarship is available from The National and Kapodistrian University of Athens. A student that has yet to spend their first year working towards their bachelor’s in history or language, will be able to fill out an application to pursue this scholarship.
The student who is being sought out to win this scholarship, and it can only be one student for each academic year. This student needs to be self-motivated, committed to their academic career, and someone who is looking at this possibility to fund this part of their college career path.
The National and Kapodistrian University of Athens is a public research institution which has official been in commission as a working university and educational center since 1837.
In the last 10 years, the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens has become the number one European higher education institution as one of the largest with an enrollment of 70,000 active students.
The academic schools and faculty that are part of this university include:
- School of Science
- School of Theology
- School of Philosophy
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Law, Economics
and Political Sciences
- Faculty of Methodology, History and Theory of Science
- Faculty of Communication and Mass Media Studies
- Faculty of Primary Education
- Faculty of Early Childhood Education
- Faculty of Physical Education and Sport Science
- Faculty of Slavic Studies
- Faculty of Turkish and Modern Asian Studies
However, this specific scholarship is solely aimed at a single student who plans on taking the program called ‘BA program in the Archaeology, History, and Literature of Ancient Greece.’
- Applicants must hold a passport that is not issued by the country of Greece.
- Students will need to show grades and transcripts that prove the student has finished and passed a secondary level of schooling
- The student will have to provide a ‘statement of purpose’ declaring that they will indeed be applying for this university’s program titled ‘BA program in the Archaeology, History, and Literature of Ancient Greece.’
- Everyone is required to upload all of the necessary and required documentation.
- Students will need to show how well they do academically (this can be by providing a ‘top of the class’ grade point average, or within the top 15 of class rank).
The biggest point is that letters of recommendation are extremely important for this scholarship. If there are no letter’s of recommendation then the application will be tossed.
The applicant must be able to show that Greek studies, whether it’s culture, history, or language is important to the students’ research. This is such a highly specific scholarship award, that a single student will need to show how much interest they do have in this subject.
There are many official documents that will need to be scanned and sent in with application form.
How to Apply
Any applicant that is interested and wishes to proceed with this application will need to show proof of the following:
- Letters of recommendation
- Knowledge of one or multiple foreign languages
- Any award publications, projects, research, etc…
- Their CV
- Clear statement of purpose and proposal
- Class rank
- Grade point average
- Must show extraordinary academic ability
- Students need to show their high school diploma that may show high class rank as well
Afterwards, students can fill out the scholarship application which is linked on the official webpage for the university.
Students will be asked to provide general details and information. Along with providing additional information if the student is asked by the jury panel to do so.
Reward – Extra Benefits
The amount rewarded is 10,000 EUR to the student who fits the eligibility and requirements.
This award is limited to only one student per academic year, and that student must be attending The National and Kapodistrian University of Athens in 2023, if they wish to keep this scholarship award.
There is no place for deferment towards this scholarship and the student can lose the scholarship, if they take that option or a gap year.
However, if the student is awarded but stops meeting the criteria that is expected, the student will be deemed unfit to receive the scholarship.
Deadline Time Line
The deadline is on September 13, 2022 which ends at midnight, via Greece’s time zone. There is only 11 available days to submit an application for this scholarship since the open submission window date begins on September 2, 2022.
Here at Pick a Scholarship we offer a full range scholarship database for all students looking for varying degree levels. While we provide exact information for each scholarship application and when the deadlines/open submission windows are held. We offer a contact section on each post where the admissions of the university or the director of a private sponsor can be reached to give more information or details.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
All applicants that are interested in this scholarship can apply by September 2, 2022. The open submission window is only viable for 11 days until the closing date.
Afterwards, students will be notified by no later than September 17, 2022 if they have become a recipient of the award or not.
All students should check with the university website about any delays or changes to the open submission window or deadline time frame. This is the best way to see if anything needs to reviewed or changed before submitting their application.
Annual or Renewable Scholarship Option
This scholarship is an annual and recurring option for first year students. However, this scholarship is also renewable but only to the individual who is voted as the recipient. They can then continue to utilize this scholarship for 4 years. But only if they present excellent academic marks and prove that their academic career has excelled.
Any student that is unsure about the rules and guidelines that are meant to be followed by the recipient should consult the website link provided.