Annually, The University of Idaho recognizes every individual who respectfully gave their contributions to the university and to the community. The Students Achievements Awards will be offered to honor and recognize the deserving students and groups to receive a monetary award amounting to up to $10,000.
Scholarship Provider: University of Idaho
About the Provider
The University of Idaho is one of the leading universities in the USA that elevate every student to experience university life which empowers them to grow as independent students who can seek the truth, help build the communities and show off their leadership skills while having fun doing it.
The university values come with integrity, empowerment, authenticity, a well-rounded personality, and an inclusive community. Studying at the university will immerse every student in hands-on research outside of the classroom, develop their skills, the right knowledge that can be based on their future career goals, discipline.
The university supports every undergraduate and graduate student learning by encouraging research and creative experiences outside the classroom that broaden the horizons that will give them the right skills to be succeeded.
- Type of Scholarship: By Category
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Degree Level: Undergraduate and Graduate
- Field: Any courses offered by the university
- Scholarship Award: Amounting to up to $10,000
- Scholarship Country: USA
Students Achievements Awards
The Students Achievements Awards is an annual award dedicated to outstanding students who have proven themselves at the university. Either local or international students can participate in the award.
It is consist of 18 categories in different criteria, that every student can join according to the criteria or category they fit in. These annual awards are competitive that have been awarded to over 50 students for the past year.
Award Categories and Eligibility
The Students Achievements Awards consist of 18 categories in different criteria. Here are the criteria to check for eligibility:
Outstanding First-Year Undergraduate Students
- This type of award is intended for the ten first-year undergraduate students who possess an outstanding service and can demonstrate their academic excellence and leadership that are committed to the community at the university.
- The students must be enrolled in a full-time degree course with a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Already completed 12 credits on January 2022
- Intended for the ten sophomores who possess an outstanding service and can demonstrate their academic excellence and leadership that are committed to the community at the university.
- Admitted in a full-time course with a 3.0 GPA or higher and already completed 36 Credits on January 2022.
- Intended for men who have held leadership positions at the university. This award is designed to recognize men and women who have demonstrated outstanding leadership qualities. This award is given to ten young people who demonstrate their leadership skills, service to the community, and leadership.
- Admitted in a full-time course with a 3.0 GPA or higher and already completed 60 Credits on January 2022.
Outstanding Senior Students
- An exceptional leader who has contributed to outstanding services and leadership in the university community and has good academic achievements.
- Enrolled at the university with a 3.0 GPA or higher and be graduating students.
- Awarded to up to two students each year from the proceeds of the African Night and additional donations from the Association of African Students.
- Enrolled full-time at the University of Idaho and completed one year of their academic program at the university with a 2.8 GPA or higher.
Alton Campbell Award
- Any undergraduate degree students at the University of Idaho with a 2.0 GPA or higher.
- The scholarship award is given by Anjum Sadiq and is annually awarded to the international students who are enrolled at the University of Idaho.
- The international students must be enrolled in a full-time course with at least one year of their academic program at the university.
- Intended for any undergraduate at the university who can demonstrate their participation at the community and university organization.
- Will be awarded to one deserving undergraduate student fully enrolled at the university.
Gender Equity Award
- The scholarship will be awarded to students who have contributed to the community that inspires and motivates other students involved in the gender advocacy projects.
- All current students at the University of Idaho are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
The memorial award is dedicated to Frank W. Childs IV who was admitted to the University of Idaho as an engineering student and died in a tragic accident.
- All graduating students enrolled in a full-time course program are eligible for the scholarship.
George Memorial Award
- All enrolled full-time at the university will be eligible for the award.
Community Service Award
- Intended for undergraduates who can demonstrate their motivations and involvement in the community.
- The students must be current students and enrolled full-time at the University of Idaho.
International Students Award
- All international students who are currently enrolled in a full-time degree at the university and already completed their one-year academic program will be eligible for the award.
Ismat Ara & Dr. Abdul-Mannan Sheikh Award
- Must be currently enrolled at the University of Idaho in a full-time program with a 2.5 GPA or higher for the undergraduate degree and a 3.0 or higher GPA for the graduate students.
- The students must be currently enrolled in a full-time degree at the University of Idaho.
Nepali Students Awards
- Admitted in a full-time course with a 3.0 GPA or higher and already completed one semester of their academic program at the University of Idaho.
Richard Gibb Award
- Intended for the students who will be graduating for the academic of 2022.
Students of the Year Employee Awards
- For the working students at the University of Idaho who are enrolled in a full-time degree with 3.0 or higher GPA for the undergraduate degree and 3.5 GPA for the graduate degree students.
The students can directly apply for any of the scholarships provided by the university. All students, staff, professors, admins can nominate students for the award.
Applications and nominations must reflect the candidate’s participation in leadership activities, previous awards and honors, participation in live group activities, membership in other organizations, and other outstanding qualifications.
The University of Idaho will be providing up to $10,000 to each successful student who wil be receiving the Students Achievements Awards.
The deadline for application and nomination will be until February 28, 2022, and wil be offered annually.