Bournemouth University’s GREAT Scholarships and GREAT Scholarships for Justice and Law are co-funded by the UK government’s GREAT Britain campaign and the British Council.
About the Scholarship:
Bournemouth University (commonly known as BU) is a highly regarded public university in the Dorset region of South West England, United Kingdom. Bournemouth Municipal College, which became Bournemouth College of Technology in the 1970s, had its beginnings in the early 1900s. In 1990, BU became a polytechnic institution. Under its current name, the institution was granted university status and degree-granting authority in 1992. It is a member of the Florence Network and is affiliated with the Association of Commonwealth Universities. BU has two campuses, one in Poole (Talbot Campus) and the other in Bournemouth (Lansdowne Campus). The Talbot Campus in Fern Barrow, Poole, is home to the most major university facilities and is sometimes referred to as the main campus. A doctors’ practice, a Santander Bank branch, a shop, and the Students’ Union building are all located on the site. The Talbot Campus also houses the University Library. It houses a rare and unique collection of physical and electronic information sources, including reference books, study guides, journals, databases, and e-books, which are available to both students and professors. Aside from that, there are various cafes, refectories, and bars on campus where students may enjoy wonderful food and beverages. BU has eight faculties and one school that offer undergraduate, postgraduate, and research programs in health, social sciences, management, technology, media, communication, business, and science, among other areas. Bournemouth University is a varied community of cultures and races, with 17,753 students representing 125 nationalities. A total of 2,610 international students make up the student body. There are over 1,800 employees on the payroll. Within six months of graduation, 93.3 percent of BU graduates in the United Kingdom find work or are accepted for further study. Lansdowne Campus has a nightclub, many residence halls, and six cutting-edge buildings that house administrative and academic functions for various faculties. The BU International College is a new addition to this campus that offers international students a place to learn subject-specific academic skills as well as English language abilities. A 3G AstroTurf arena, a gymnasium, a medical center, and other entertainment places are also available at the campus. It also offers students discreet counseling, chaplaincy services, and financial assistance. Bournemouth University has a long list of graduates. Nick Hector (Award-Winning Filmmaker and Editor), David Andrew Amess (Politician), Carl Ashmore (Children’s Author), Angela Browning (Politician), Charles Mark Hansel (Psychologist and Academic), Paul Kavanagh (Academy Award-Winning Visual Effects Artist), David Lassman (Author and Scriptwriter), Dan O’Hagan (BBC Commentator), Gary Taphouse (Football Commentator on Sky Sports) and (Radio Personality and Film Producer). Many factors contribute to the large number of international students that pick BU. Computer Animation & Visual Effects, Media Production & Communication, Forensic & Archaeology, Sports & Events Management, History, International Business and Management, Politics & Social Studies, and many other fields are available to you as a result of your studies at Bournemouth University. Bournemouth is also an excellent place for overseas students to live. We’re in one of the most beautiful and historically significant parts of the United Kingdom. Bournemouth, on the south coast of England, is less than two hours by rail from London and offers spectacular scenery and some of the country’s mildest weather. For September entry, Bournemouth University guarantees housing to all non-UK students who meet the application deadline. A variety of Bournemouth University-managed housing choices are available for postgraduate students starting courses in January, but some students may be in the private sector. There are nine halls of residence, all of which have en-suite bathrooms and some of which also have studio flats. The Student Village is located on a green just outside of Bournemouth and provides postgraduate students three to seven bedroom houses as well as some studio units. Bournemouth, in the county of Dorset, has long been a popular tourist destination, drawing tourists from all across the United Kingdom. Bournemouth combines a traditional British coastal resort with a busy and flourishing town, with 12 kilometers of sandy beaches and lovely parks. Bournemouth is located on England’s south coast and is only a two-hour train ride from London. In and around London, there are excellent transportation links to international airports. Bournemouth has some of the best beaches in the UK, and it has been given the Blue Flag for its clean, well-kept beaches. The town has a busy nightlife with various theatres, concert venues, and cinemas, as well as nightclubs, pubs, and restaurants.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Bournemouth University
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: £10,000
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
For one-year Master’s programs, we are offering £10,000 towards tuition fees.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Before completing the Cardiff Met Sanctuary Award Application Form, please read the Sanctuary Award Application Guidance Notes carefully.
- You must first have a conditional or unconditional offer to study at Cardiff Metropolitan University. If you haven’t already done so, go to the university’s website, Study at Cardiff Metropolitan University – Study in Cardiff, and fill out Applicants from Ghana, Mexico, or Pakistan for full-time taught postgraduate programmes. You must hold a UK upper second-class Honours (2:1) degree (or an international equivalent) in a subject relevant to your postgraduate study.
- LLM Public International Law, LLM International Commercial Law, LLM International Tax Law, and LLM Intellectual Property are available to Pakistani applicants.
- Applicants from Ghana and Mexico are eligible to apply to any full-time postgraduate program at BU.
- You must hold a UK upper second-class Honours (2:1) degree (or an international equivalent) in a subject relevant to your postgraduate study.
- an application as soon as possible. Did you know that Future Learn offers a free online course to assist asylum seekers with their application to a UK university?
- Applicants must submit their applications by the application deadline of 5.00pm on July 4, 2022.
- Applicants must additionally include a copy of their Cardiff Met offer letter, a reference, and proof of their current immigration status/pending status in addition to the application form. (For more information, read the advisory notes).
The Bournemouth University 2022 GREAT Scholarships for Masters Students is open to all International Students
- How to Apply: Applicants are encouraged to apply for admission to Bournemouth University’s Master’s degree program in order to be considered for the scholarship. After that, you must submit your application through our online application system (OAS).
- Candidates must provide a curriculum vitae, academic credentials, references, and transcripts with their application.
- Admission Criteria: Candidates must review the program’s entry requirements before applying.
- Requires a good command of the English language. Must have a minimum IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in each component or equivalent to meet the Chevening English language requirement.
The application deadline for Bournemouth University 2022 GREAT Scholarships for Masters Students is April 30, 2022. It is worthy to note that Bournemouth University 2022 GREAT Scholarships for Masters Students is renewable every year