To enrich the minds of the talented international Ph.D. Students, Southern Cross University in Australia offers the Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare Management Ph.D. Scholarship. The Scholarship is intended for the Ph.D. students commencing a full-time study in Queensland Australia for the academic year of 2022-2023. The scholarship will be awarding up to three outstanding students who can demonstrate their academic merits and experience in the healthcare profession.
Southern Cross University is looking for an enthusiastic local and international student for the scholarship position which will award the successful students a tuition fee waiver and $10,000 for their research expenses.
The project research aims to investigate the use of artificial intelligence (AI) in healthcare management. With the growth potential of artificial intelligence technology, there is a significant opportunity for healthcare management to improve its efficiency, effectiveness, and efficiency. For example, the current state of affairs is related to AI-assisted analysis and modeling helping to reconstruct the course of an outbreak, predict transmission routes, trace contacts, and determine the impact of various public health control measures.
On the other hand, the use of AI raises concerns among the public, industry, and regulators. The issue of trust and transparency in data-driven and automated decision support remains to be consistently measured and validated for fairness and efficiency. Similarly, anecdotal comments imply low consumer adoption and high levels of opposition to AI-led decisions in the healthcare sector by its key stakeholders, such as doctors and nurses. This project is designed to use both quantitative and qualitative methods to understand and assess current AI issues, mechanisms, procedures, and future engagement models for better healthcare management.
Topic of Interest
- Trust and confidence in AI-guided decision making
- AI and management perspectives of multiple healthcare stakeholders
- AI readiness in healthcare workers and organizations
- Responsible use of AI in health management
- Increasing AI-led engagement in public health
- The impact of AI on the health sector
The activities of the research project will include the following, Selected Ph.D. students to have a unique opportunity to connect with a wide range of industry partners in healthcare management and AI. The successful applicants will be part of a dynamic interdisciplinary research group that includes researchers from the fields of healthcare, management, and information systems.
- Conduct a case study on the use of AI in healthcare management
- A critical review of the existing relevant scientific literature
- Management theory and framework development for effective use of AI in healthcare management.
- Travel tour research
Scholarship Provider: Southern Cross University
About the Provider
Southern Cross University was founded in 1994, one of the youngest universities in the world.
- Academic Year: Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicant’s Nationality: local and international students
- Degree Level: Ph.D. Degree
- Field: Healthcare Professions
- Number of Awards: Three
- Duration: NA
- Scholarship Awards: Tuition fee waiver and $10,000
- Scholarship Country: Australia
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
- The ideal candidate is highly motivated for business research on the broad topic of digital business transformation.
- The successful candidate must meet the entry requirements to enroll in the doctoral program from Southern Cross University full-time, including a second-class diploma (or higher) or a relevant research master’s degree in business administration, health care information systems and management, or computer science.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills, as well as excellent communication and teamwork skills, are expected.
- This position is open to local and international applicants currently based in Australia. International applicants currently living overseas are welcome to apply, but current Australian Government restrictions at the border may affect their application.
The interested applicant is required to submit their expression of interest which includes a short video of the proposed topic for the application in no less than 3 minutes. There will be a required document to be submitted as part of the application process for the scholarship such as:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of the previous research
- A cover letter that outlines the summary of the applicant’s research experience.
- English Language Proficiency score
- Certificates and other relevant documents
All applications must be emailed to Professor Darshana Sedera at firstname.lastname@example.org
The applicants may also contact the professor who is in charge of the scholarship application for further details on the process and for an informal discussion on the opportunity.
The successful students will be receiving a tuition fee waiver and $10,000 additional funds to support their research projects and activities expenses.
The deadline for the academic year of 2022-2023 is still ongoing until further notice and the position has already filled up.
The scholarship will be offered annually.