Loughborough University offers a scholarship for underrepresented countries focused on Women in the Science Field who can demonstrate their academics and leadership skills for the academic year of 2023-2024. The School of Science is offering the Women in Science Bursary (£1000 per annum) to women candidates to help them pursue their higher education at Loughborough, and assist them with creating future scientists working in industry or the scholarly community.
The scholarship offered by the university is intended for undergraduate degree students in the fields of Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, Natural Science, and Physics. Priorities will be given to candidates from underrepresented communities (counting black and ethnic minority understudies, those with an incapacity, caring liabilities, displaced person status, or from low support regions).
Scholarship Provider: Loughborough Univesity
About the University
Loughborough University is someplace anybody can understand their maximum capacity. The climate and camaraderie nearby motivate and enable individuals to accomplish remarkable things. This moderate and aggressive demeanor is reflected in the achievement they perform, as one of the top-performing colleges in the country. Loughborough University is likewise an inviting spot where staff and students should feel they can act naturally. Across all that they do, they are cooperating to make a superior future, for everybody.
The university strives for excellence, annually they receive an award for what they do. Their achievements reflect how the university delivered its education and they are consistent in top institutions and worldwide rankings. Holding an array of awards and accolades as evidence of how strong their performance is across areas of education which also includes research, student experience, sports, and facilities. Loughborough University London is our unbelievable postgraduate grounds. It’s essential for an interesting local area of associations, creatives, and instructive suppliers situated inside Here East, in light of Sovereign Elizabeth Olympic Park.
Making Better Futures. Together is a strong and aggressive methodology that will direct the University throughout the following 10 years. It sets out their motivation, qualities, and their points. It expresses the essential needs and what they are endeavoring to accomplish. It perceives the effect of the activities on their general surroundings and mirrors the difficulties that face us as a general public.
Loughborough University is notable for offering an extraordinary encounter, both scholastically and socially. They convey imaginative projects that length an expansive scope of disciplines and they prepare their students for each part of their life and vocation, by supporting them to acquire indispensable experience and abilities. Businesses are intrigued by the energy, excitement, and intensity that Loughborough graduates illustrate.
At Loughborough they think in an unexpected way; they challenge show, tackle issues, and they make a move. Through their research, they are tracking down answers, finding the things that matter, and adding to information. Traversing artistic expression, humanities, business, sociologies, sport, health, science, engineering, and math, their research is making positive changes across society.
They are glad for their well-deserved worldwide standing for sport. From world-class level competitors to those attempting to stay in shape, they guarantee that everybody at the University can appreciate sport regardless of their capacity or interest. Loughborough University’s long history of progress, as both a further and advanced education organization, was laid out through the vision of its principal architect, Dr. Herbert Schofield. The iconic landmarks have endured the test of time, and the University has developed into one of the nation’s top colleges.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Undergraduate
- Field: Computer Science, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics, or Natural Sciences
- Number of Awards: NA
- Scholarship Awards: £1000
- Duration: NA
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding to the scholarship application, the students must meet the following eligibility:
- The applicants must be a citizen from underrepresented groups or communities, which also includes ethnic minority students and black citizens, refugees, persons with a disability, and from low participation areas.
- The students must be in an undergraduate degree in an eligible field offered for the scholarship.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate their academics and motivation to pursue their higher education.
- A woman in the science field.
- Have a good communication skill in oral and written English.
- The applicants must also check the admission criteria of the university.
- It is important to check all the necessary documents to prove your eligibility in the admission process at the university.
To apply for the scholarship, eligible candidates can access the application portal provided by Loughborough University. Keep in mind that it is important that you have read all the details needed about the criteria and the application process for the scholarship.
- Personal information must be completed.
- Applicants must be able to provide evidence of their eligibility
- Personal Statements must be no longer than 600 words and outline more information about your personal interest in science, suggestions to improve the retentions, engagements, and recruitments for women in underrepresented groups, and will the scholarship award be able to help you through your education at the Loughborough University.
Loughborough University will provide £1000 per annum to the successful students and scholarship holders will get the opportunity to work deliberately with current Women in Science representatives in the School of Science to additional the commitment of women in science.
There will be a valuable chance to turn into a paid student partner, and every bursary holder will be coached by a senior lady staff part in the School, who will direct their improvement all through their course.
All applications will be thoroughly reviewed by the scholarship committee.
Deadline of Application
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until June 8, 2023. Late and incomplete applications will not be considered.