he Horizontal Cooperation Chile – Pacific Alliance AGCID scholarships, the formation and improvement of human capital in the countries of the Latin American region, continues to be one of the transversal axes of its development cooperation policy. Through the management of scholarship programs for postgraduate studies, the participation of professionals and managers, preferably from the public sector, continues to be encouraged in thematic areas relevant to the development of public policies and innovative social programs necessary for growth and welfare of the region and the countries owned.
The AGCID South-South Cooperation Scholarship Program, which began in 1993, to date has more than 1,390 Latin American and Caribbean professionals who have completed postgraduate programs in various areas of specialization offered by universities. Chilean or institutions of higher education. As of the year 2020, the offer and opportunities are expanded for professionals from the countries that are part of the Pacific Alliance regional mechanism, namely, Colombia, Peru and Mexico, interested in pursuing Master’s degrees in universities or other educational institutions. top in Chile.
Thus, on this occasion, professionals from member countries of the Pacific Alliance are invited to participate in the application process for the Scholarship Program to pursue master’s studies financed by Chilean cooperation, starting from the academic year 2022. .
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAM.
The purpose of the AGCID Scholarship Program is to contribute to the training and improvement of human capital in Latin American countries, by promoting the participation of Colombian, Peruvian and Mexican students in Master’s programs of a high level of excellence, taught by universities or Chilean higher education institutions.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SCHOLARSHIP.
The scholarships are granted, according to the duration of the chosen studies, up to a maximum of twenty-four (24) months.
The studies for which the scholarships are awarded may begin between March 1, 2022 and September 30 of the same year, inclusive, according to the respective programs and academic calendars of the Chilean institutions of higher education and the plan of improvement or research established by the Chilean institution in which the applicant has been accepted.
Scholarships may only be awarded to pursue the Master’s studies referred to in Annex 1 of the Announcement, with exclusive dedication by the scholarship holder, in accordance with the program taught by the academic entity.
Priority for awarding scholarships will be given to applications submitted by public officials or academics from universities officially recognized by the respective country.
PARTICIPATING ACADEMIC INSTITUTIONS
1. National Academy of Political and Strategic Studies
2. Pontifical Catholic University of Chile
3. Pontifical Catholic University of Valparaíso
4. Adolfo Ibáñez
5. University of Alberto Hurtado
6. University of Andrés Bello
7. University of Arturo Prat
8. University of Austral University of Chile
9. Bernardo O Higgins
10. Catholic University of La Santísima Concepción
11. Catholic University of Temuco
12. Catholic University of Maule
13. Catholic University of the North
14. University of Antofagasta
15. University of Concepción
16. University of Chile
17. University of Heidelberg
18. University of La Frontera
19. University of La Serena
20. University of Los Andes
What level is the scholarship for?
In which country will you be able to study?
Who awards the scholarship?
Chilean Agency for International Cooperation for Development – AGCID
What benefits do the Chile-Pacific Alliance Horizontal Cooperation Scholarships offer?
1. Payment of one-way air tickets, from the capital of the beneficiary’s country to Santiago de Chile and return, upon completion of studies.
1.1. Exceptionally and for reasons of force majeure or fortuitous event, which affect the normality of the program, the AGCID authority may evaluate the extension beyond 24 months of the scholarship, considering the available fiscal budget.
2. Payment of the cost of the fee, enrollment and degree costs charged by the respective higher education institution, for the duration of the postgraduate program, with a maximum of four academic semesters, or six academic quarters, depending on the schedule used. by the respective institution. In any case, they must be costs that correspond exclusively to the academic curriculum of the study program for which the scholarship has been awarded.
3. Payment of a monthly maintenance allowance of five hundred thousand Chilean pesos ($500,000) during the entire period of the scholarship. Said allowance will be paid for the duration of the program, with a limit of twenty-four (24) months.
3.1. In the months of December, January and/or February, AGCID will pay the scholarship holder 100% of the monthly allowance only if he/she stays in Chile for more than half of the respective month. In any other case2, AGCID will pay only 50% of the amount of said assignment.
4. Provision to the scholarship recipient, while the scholarship is in force, of life, health and accident insurance, for events or accidents that affect them and that occur within the territory of Chile. Additionally, the scholarship recipient will have the right to receive care through the Chilean Public Health System and Services, as long as they have the national identity card issued by the Civil Registry and Identification Service of Chile.
5. Granting the scholarship recipient a single allowance for texts and study materials, amounting to the sum of ninety thousand Chilean pesos ($90,000) within the first term of the study program.
6. Granting to the scholarship recipient, only once and provided that their grade point average in the respective study program is equal to or greater than 5.5 or its equivalent scale, of an assignment for an amount equal to $230,000 (two hundred and thirty thousand pesos), to support thesis expenses or compliance with the analogous requirement demanded by the institution of higher education to grant the respective academic degree. For this, the scholarship recipient, before the expiration of the nineteenth (19th) month in which AGCID is paying the monthly allowance referred to in point III of this section, must prove the aspects indicated in point VII of the third clause of the Agreement whose format is attached in Annex 2 of this Call.
a. The aforementioned benefits are exclusively granted to the holder of the scholarship.
b. Some benefits will not apply to scholars who study programs remotely or virtually.
c. In addition, AGCID will not pay any expense that is not contemplated in the preceding list. Consequently, it will be the scholarship recipient’s responsibility to finance all other expenses that must be incurred for visa procedures, application costs to Chilean higher education institutions, air boarding fees or other similar taxes, costs for trips to their country during the
d. The scholarship is incompatible with any other that the beneficiary may have in Chile.
The entry of the background of preselected applicants will proceed through the AGCID Scholarship Management Platform, whose term expires on February 28, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. Chili.
The applications that are entered by the Focal Points after the informed term, will automatically be excluded from any selection process.
The results of the final selection will be communicated from the second week of March 2022.