Michigan State University is offering up the opportunity of life and natural science majors to bring international students abroad to the United States and send domestic U.S. students to other areas of the world.
The Michigan State University College of Natural Sciences is considered a top global college. As a matter of fact, the university is rated 32 in the entire United States.
A general overview of available academics includes:
- Accelerator Science and Engineering
- Actuarial Science
- Agribusiness Management
- Agricultural, Food and Resource Economics
- Animal Science-Environmental Toxicology
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Arts, Cultural Management and Museum Studies
- Earth & Environmental Sciences
- Environmental Biology/Plant Biology
- Environmental Biology/Microbiology
- Global Studies in the Arts and Humanities
- Forestry-Environmental Toxicology
- Human Resources and Labor Relations
- Human Nutrition
- Human Medicine Research
- Measurement and Quantitative Methods
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Leadership in Rural Medicine
- Leadership in Medicine for the Underserved
- Law Enforcement Intelligence and Analysis (Online Program)
- Large Animal Clinical Sciences
- Nutritional Sciences
- Nonprofit Leadership, Global Cultures, and Social Enterprise
- Operations and Sourcing Management
- Political Science-Prelaw
- Plant Pathology
- Plant Breeding, Genetics and Biotechnology-Plant Biology
- Planning, Design & Construction
- Physiology-Environmental Toxicology
- Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Real Estate Development and Construction (Online Program)
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Serious Game Design & Research (Online Program)
It is safe to say that Michigan State University – College of Natural Sciences covers virtually al aspects of natural science. From microbiology to the justice aspect of environmental law.
For the NatSci scholarship there are few different scholarship available for different aspects, for example here is a short list of what scholarships are available:
- Spring Break program – one week
- Long-Term program – 10 weeks+
- Short-term program – Less than 9 weeks
- Competitive scholarship
Each scholarship has a different set amount that will be awarded to the right candidate.
- Applicants will need to describe if they are having financial troubles, since part of the scholarship committee will vote on which applicant “needs” this scholarship more.
- This scholarship is open to international students (as first priority) and domestic students as (second priority).
- Students must be studying natural sciences, since this scholarship is also awarded on merit.
- Students must be majors in the College of Natural Sciences before applying.
- Both male and female students can apply.
The biggest requirement listed is that the student must already have at least a bachelor’s degree or a graduate of the College of Natural Sciences. This is essential to the students who want to become part of the abroad study program for NatSci.
It should be noted that if a student decides to defer or take a gap a year while working under this scholarship. There is a probable outcome that the student may have to pay back a percentage if they do not follow the rules that the scholarship states.
Applicants will need to write an essay which is attached to the fill-out application form.
All of the directions are present when it comes to writing out the essay and what the main question will be. Students should follow exact directions since essay’s are used to inform the panel of judges about a student’s intent on studying this specific career field.
How to Apply
The only way to apply if online using the fill-out form that is provided by the Michigan State University. There is no other way to apply, and the form should not be printed out. This application can only be filled out online.
Also, students can fill out all NatSci scholarships to become eligible as recipients for each one.
With there being several different scholarships attached to NatSci, students should read extra Carefully when it comes to looking at which application is for domestic (in the U.S.) and which one is for aboard studies.
Reward – Extra Benefits
The amount reward for this scholarship is $1,000 (has the possibility of being more depending on the students financial struggles) that will go towards paying off the whole of the program.
The reward amount cannot be used for anything else except the program itself. This way the amount will be credited to the university program via check or direct deposit to the student’s college bank account. It is strictly against the rules to use this amount for personal or daily expenses.
Students may receive an extra amount that would go strictly to paying for textbooks lent by the university book shop.
Deadline Time Line
There are multiple deadline dates available, here they are listed out as:
- Academic year – Fall and Summer: March 15
- Break Times – Winter and Spring: October 31
- For solely Spring Break programs: February 1
Students will need to identify which NatSci scholarship they fit best with, when it comes to eligibility requirements.
Here at Pick a Scholarship we offer a full range scholarship database for all students looking for varying degree levels. While we provide exact information for each scholarship application and when the deadlines/open submission windows are held. We offer a contact section on each post where the admissions of the university or the director of a private sponsor can be reached to give more information or details.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
All students should check with the Michigan State University website about any delays or changes to the open submission window or deadline time frame. This is the best way to see if anything needs to reviewed or changed before submitting their application.
Annual or Renewable Scholarship Option
This is an annual scholarship that only picks one student per year. However, this is not a renewable scholarship since it is only for majors who have had some college experience involving the College of Natural Science.