The Because I Love You Scholarship is a poetry scholarship sponsored by the One Love Foundation.
The One Love Foundation has invited fine poets to apply for the Because I Love You Scholarship Award.
Anyone attending college or university in the United States is welcome to apply. Applicants must be a maximum of 25 years of age. Entries must be received in November.
“Everyone deserves to have healthy relationships, whether it’s with an important person or a friend. Healthy relationships are the ones that bring out the best in you. They build you up, they don’t tear you down.
But often, we are not taught about the signs of a healthy relationship versus an unhealthy one. And the words “Because I love you” can go from endearing to manipulative (eg, because I love you…you should rescue your friends/give me all your passwords). So we’re curious to know…” – Power Poetry.
The goal of the scholarship is to learn what relationship behaviors applicants believe are the building blocks of a healthy and happy relationship. Whether it’s open communication, trusting your partner or friend, being honest with each other, or showing respect or compassion.
It also asks the question “How has your life been impacted by healthy or unhealthy relationships?” You are required to indicate in a poem which healthy relationship behaviors are most important to you and what the word # Because Because is the kind of life it should mean.
The winner will be announced three to five months after the scholarship ends. There are typically over 5,000 entries per Scholarship Slam!
When a decision has been made, the winner will be contacted, the winning entry will be highlighted on their official site, an announcement will be made on Facebook and Twitter, and an email will be sent.
Level/Field of Study:
To be eligible, you must be enrolled in any college or university and high school in any field of study
The scholarship is hosted in the United States of America
Winners of the Because I Love You scholarship go home with $1,000 each and other prizes as well.
You must be 25 years old or younger and be a current or former student who will be or will be attending college within the United States
Eligible Nationalities :
No restrictions (just meet the above requirements)
Application deadline :
The old one is closed but continue to check using the link below.
Click here Apply
Some frequently asked questions about the scholarship and the answers were because I love you
- How old does one have to be to enter? You must be between the ages of 13 and 25 at the time of submission/registration.
- Do I necessarily need to be a US citizen to be eligible? No, but you must have attended or attended high school in the United States. If you are already in college, you must be enrolled in a US university.
- If I am not in college yet, will the scholarship be held until I go to college? Yes, your scholarship will not be awarded until you enroll in college.
- I am already a graduate student (or soon will be). Can I still apply? Yes! Graduate students are welcome to apply, provided they are under the age of 25 at the time of submission.
- Can I use profanities when writing my poem? There are no language restrictions on Power Poetry (including profanity) for their scholarship, or otherwise.
- Can I submit a poem in a foreign language? Yes, you can, as long as you include an English (translated) version.
- How many poems can I submit to scholarships at once? Only each user can only submit one poem for each scholarship. And if it is found that you submitted more than one, you will be disqualified from the contest. (However, you can submit as many poems as you like on their website)
- Can I submit a poem that I have already written on Power Poetry or a poem that has been published elsewhere? You are allowed to use a poem you have already written (in Power Poetry and elsewhere), but it is preferable for poets to illustrate change and growth by submitting new or updated works.
- Is there a minimum (or maximum) number of words I need in my poem to apply for a scholarship? Do not! Just make sure your poem is well developed and organized, and that you’re happy with it.
- The line breaks in my poem do not appear. How do I separate the lines? You have to use Mozilla or Google Chrome. If you’re still having trouble, try pasting your poem into a program that removes formatting from MSWord (such as TextWrangler or Notepad).
- How will the winner be chosen? The most captivating poem will be chosen as the winner. You can click here to see some of the past winners of the previous Because I Love You Scholarship
- What if I win, but I still don’t know where I’m going to go to college? The money will be held until you enroll in college and will be sent to you once you have proof of enrollment.
- When and how will you announce the winner? Winners will be announced three to five months after the scholarship ends. The Because I Love You Scholarship usually has more than 5,000 entries per Scholarship Slam! When the organizers have made their decision, they will contact the winner, feature the winning entry on their site, make an announcement on their Facebook and Twitter, and send an announcement email to the winner.
- Who owns the poems I post on PowerPoetry.org? The poems you publish are yours, as they will be credited to you.
- Can I submit my poem to PowerPoetry.org and to another website? If you can! However, it will be checked for plagiarism, so be sure to report it in the comments section. If something seems strange, we will contact you to get more information.
- Should my poem include an image or a video? No, unless specifically requested to do so in the scholarship description. However, you are encouraged to combine multimedia with his poetry. Poems are not only made to be read, you know!