American Assembly for Men in Nursing has put together a $500 – $1,000 scholarship to send fathers back to school and offer then the ability to be financially independent. For single father’s who want to excel in medical nursing (since nursing is a highly proved job market as of 2022-2023, this profession would be an exact career for anyone to have right now).
This is a highly respected nursing membership program that anyone who becomes a nurse in the United States has to register for. Because of this nurses have more viable access to attend sponsorships, programs, and more.
The American Assembly for Men in Nursing has 3 separate award programs that are:
- Best Schools Recognition for Men in Nursing
- AMMN Idea Award
- Best Workplaces Recognition
The current Best School Recognition Award has gone to these schools:
- University of Alabama – Birmingham School of Nursing
- University of Cincinnati College of Nursing
- Duke University School of Nursing
- Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing
- Lewis University College of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Nebraska Methodist College of Nursing
- Rutgers University School of Nursing
- Vanderbilt University School of Nursing
- University of Wisconsin – Oshkosh College of Nursing
Best Workplace Recognition:
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center
While the memberships are open to males or females, this specific scholarship is only available for male members.
Memberships are available to better facilitate discussion and to meet the most important objective of AAMN – strengthening and humanizing health care.
Membership in the association is available through our online portal and elections, provided to Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurses, entry level nursing students, and anyone the Board Deems worthy of Membership.
AAMN membership is unrestricted by consideration of age, color, creed, handicap, sexual orientation, lifestyle, nationality, race, religion, or gender.
- Only applicants that can be members of the American Assembly for Men in Nursing can apply, specifically the Awards Program Membership
- Must be male
- Must be a single father
- Must be a U.S. resident or citizen
- Membership is available to male and female nurses
- Only selected and accredited nursing universities are acceptable for the use of this scholarship
The application portal will be open from March 1, 2023 to June 1, 2023. To apply, students must submit their full application by June 1st. In addition, candidates should write a short text on the characteristics of men in nursing.
How to Apply
The only way to apply is through the website provided below. Applicants can not become applicants until they have applied for the membership and have been accepted. Afterwards, applicants can apply for the scholarship but must put in their membership I.D. number.
The money reward is between $500 – $1,000 to the recipient who is chosen. This amount will go to the tuition of the courses being taken.
The official deadline is June 1, 2023 which means applicants have an entire year before this deadline date happens. It is noted that in March would be the best time to send in an application since that is the beginning of the application window.
This is an annual scholarship. The next year this scholarship will be officially open is 2023 and the scholarship will only be able to be utilized for the 2024 school year.