The Presidential International Merit Awards offered by the Florida International University in the USA encourages international undergraduate students to apply for the academic year of 2023-2024. The Scholarship Award is to assist international students who can demonstrate their academic excellence and be one of the motivations for freshman undergraduate students to fulfill their higher education and professional goals.
The scholarship program is open to first-time students in the USA in an undergraduate degree, both local and international students are eligible to apply. The applicants must have a GPA of 4.0 and an SAT score of 1370 ACT score of 30 to be qualified for the scholarship program offered by Florida International University. The scholarship will be covering the student’s tuition fee and book fees.
Scholarship Provider: Florida International University
About the Scholarship
Florida International University is one of the most prestigious universities in the USA. It offers an annual opportunity to both local and international students who can demonstrate their academic achievements and leadership skills that may be able to contribute not only to the campus community but also to the nation. All graduates at the university have an average employability rate and fulfilled their professional goals.
The Florida International University is one of the public universities in the USA that motivates real talents and innovation in the USA and internationally. They offer high-quality research activity and social mobility that comes together in one university, FIU uplift and develop the student’s success in the global city which focuses on the area of health, innovations, environments, and justice. The university now has two campuses and multiple centers. They aim to serve a diverse student community. Among the universities in the USA, FIU stands in the top 20 for providing quality education and research with an annual opportunity to deserving local and international students.
As one of the fastest-rising universities in the USA, they offer undergraduate, master, and doctoral degrees on campus and online mode. Assigned as a top-level research institution, FIU underscores research as a significant part of the university’s primary goal. The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine and the Knight Foundation School of Figuring and Data Sciences’ Disclosure Lab, are only two of numerous colleges, schools, and focuses that effectively upgrade the university’s capacity to set new standards through research drives.
For over forty years, FIU has situated itself as one of South Florida’s anchor institutions by settling probably the best difficulties in recent memory. We are committed to enhancing the existence of the neighborhood and the worldwide local area. With students of more than 56,000, they are among the main 10 biggest colleges in the country and have by and large graduated in excess of 275,000 graduated class, 165,000 of whom live and work in South Florida.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Undergraduate Degree
- Field: All eligible fields for an undergraduate degree program
- Number of Awards: NA
- Duration: NA
- Scholarship Award: 100% tuition fee and book fees
- Scholarship Country: USA
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the application, the students must meet the following eligibility of the scholarship award.
- All US citizens, Permanent residents, and international students are encouraged to apply for the scholarship award.
- The applicants must be in an undergraduate degree program in an eligible course offered by the university.
- The candidates should be enlisted as secondary school students advancing typically toward the consummation of secondary school and wanting to select full-time in college after finishing secondary school.
- The candidates should be a resident of the US, permanent residents, or international students with aim of getting an F-1 visa to concentrate in the US.
- The candidates must meet the requirements of the university’s scholarship criteria.
- Must have a GPA of 4.0
- Have attained SAT score of 1370 ACT score of 30
Interested and eligible students can start their scholarship application in an online portal provided by the university. The admission can also be processed through the online portal.
As part of the application process, the students are required to submit the following to better support their scholarship application.
- Declaration Certification of Finance
- Passport copy
- High school transcript of records
Additional Application Instruction
On the application portal, the students will be asked to answer the supplemental questions:
- In 500 words or less, enlighten us regarding a period when you were fruitless at something. What were the conditions by then? How could you answer disappointment? What did you gain from it?
- Submit TWO letters of Recommendation. The university scholarship panel will peruse and audit each letter of proposal completely so ensure you are advancing the best portrayal of yourself! In the letter of recommendation, applicants are required to enter the name and email address of the reference provider.
- The applicants must be able to upload a notification letter if they have been named the National Merit Semifinalist.
International students whose first language is not the English language are required to submit the following test score for the English Language Proficiency Test:
- TOEFL iBT score of 80
- TOEFL PBT score of 550
- IELTS score of at least 6.5
The Florida International University will be awarding the successful students with a full tuition fee award and book fee.
Successful students must be able to read and agree to the terms and conditions applied to the scholarship. It is important that the students meet the required GPA for the scholarship to be able to maintain the scholarship award.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until December 1, 2022. Late and incomplete applications will not be considered and will be automatically rejected by the scholarship committee.