The University of Iceland has created a generous fund that goes towards all Ph.D. students that need extra travel costs covered. That is if their own budget cannot cover the initial travel research project budget.
The available Ph.D. programs available at The University of Iceland include:
- Business Administration
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Earth Sciences
- Education and Diversity
- Education and Pedagogy
- Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Food Science and Nutrition
- Health Promotion, Sports, and Leisure Studies
- History and Philosophy
- Icelandic and Comparative Cultural Studies
- Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Computer Science
- Languages and Cultures
- Life and Environmental Sciences
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Political Science
- Social Work
- Sociology, Anthropology and Folkloristics
- Subject Teacher Education
- Theology and Religious Studies
- Interdisciplinary Studies
This is a general list and may not contain all of the available Ph.D. programs available at the University of Iceland. For this scholarship/grant we will focus on the Business Administration Ph.D. level.
- The applicant applying must be a registered student at that university
- the student must be a Ph.D. level student who is working on their major at the University of Iceland
- Students must show academic contribution
- University staff are not eligible for this grant/scholarship opportunity
- If a student has received this travel grant/scholarship 3 times before, they are not eligible for a 4th time
- Students who apply for this must show that they intend to become a part of an academic conference (this can be established by an email presented stating the the student is in fact speaking at that academic conference)
- The quality of the institution which will be holding the academic conference can wildly add better input into which student received this necessary option
- The student must have taken the needed business classes successfully without prior failure
- A general grade point average of 3.6 is needed
The most important aspect is that the student must be studying at the University of Iceland and studying at a Ph.D. level. There is no exception.
This is a high end grant/scholarship that can cover a vast amount of travel expenses in Iceland.
Students must present evidence to show that the travel expenses are greater than what they can fund themselves.
How to Apply
The only way to apply if online. The website link on this page will take an interested party to the website where the application can be accessed.
The only real accepted cause for this travel grant, is what’s called a ‘accepted abstract.’ This states that student has in fact a physical or digital proof that states the student has been invited to either attend or speak at a conference.
Students can still apply for the conference program is in fact later in the year and is not happening until well after the deadline date of this option. If that is the case, students are asked to give great description and detail as to why they are applying early.
Students will need to provide a accepted abstract that should have no more that 1500 characters. If this is exceeded, the student will need to trim down their character count so it does not exceed the 1500 limit.
Reward – Extra Benefits
The award for this travel grant/scholarship includes 100.000 ISK to the chosen recipients and can be renewed for up to 3 years.
All applicants must follow the guidelines and rules when it comes to keeping this scholarship opportunity. While the scholarship is only valid for one academic year duration, that doesn’t mean the student can take off school for a gap year. If a student who has won this award, decides to quit college they may be required to pay a portion of the scholarship back to the university.
Deadline Time Line
The deadline is March 3, 2023. And an additional catch is that students must attend the annual March annual course registration to be able to apply for this grant/scholarship opportunity.
There is no other deadline time line available which states that the above is the only deadline time students should go by.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submissions window begins in January of 2023 and stops at the deadline on March 3, 2023. With the 2022 already passed by that means students can begin to work on their next course of action when applying in 2023.
Students are not allowed to pursue any delay or gap year when they have been awarded this grant/scholarship.
Annual or Renewable Scholarship Options
This is an annual opportunity and a renewable one that can be renewed up to 3 years. However, if a student has applied before and has not received the grant/scholarship opportunity they can apply each year until they do.
Here at Pick a Scholarship we offer a full range scholarship database for all students looking for varying degree levels. While we provide exact information for each scholarship application and when the deadlines/open submission windows are held. We offer a contact section on each post where the admissions of the university or the director of a private sponsor can be reached to give more information or details.
All students should check with the university website about any delays or changes to the open submission window or deadline time frame. This is the best way to see if anything needs to reviewed or changed before submitting their application.
Any student that is unsure about the rules and guidelines that are meant to be followed by the recipient should consult the website link provided.