Interested students who are actively looking to see what type of international scholarships are out there to apply towards, would be interested in knowing that Canada has some of the best and affordable universities in the world.
Canada has one of the more affordable tuition costs available and this based on the education board who expects every individual to be able to have the right to a higher education. Students in Canada can expect to pay as little as $6,000 USD per academic year or program duration.
International students interested in a 2-year academic degree in Canada, can expect to pay just under $30,000. But this is where available scholarships and bursaries comes in. Most of the available international scholarships from Canada are a 50% coverage waiver for tuition costs and extra fees.
Scholarships in Canada and for Canadian students:
- University of British Columbia Canada – Killam Doctoral Scholarship
- Lester B. Pearson Full Scholarships
- University of Manitoba – International Undergraduate Student Bursary
- University of British Columbia Neporany Doctoral Fellowship
- McGill University Fully Funded McCall MacBain Scholarships in Montreal
- Jason Lang Scholarship & Awards and Financial Support
- International Scholarships at Algoma University
- Americas Grants for International Undergraduate and Masters at University Canada West
- Scotiabank National Scholarship
- Mitacs Globalink Full Internship
- Carleton University – Postdoctoral Fellowships in Critical Public History and Museology
- Quest University Scholarship for International Students
- University of Toronto MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program
- Africa Continent Scholarship at Niagara College for African Students
- Future Forests Fellowship for PhD Students at UBC
- International Leaders Scholarship
- University of Ottawa – Gordon F. Henderson Postdoctoral Fellowship
- McCall MacBain Scholarships for Masters
- Concordia University – Bachelor Faculty of Engineering Merit Scholarships
- University of Winnipeg – President’s Scholarship for World Leaders
- Trent IB Entrance for International Students
- Humber Scholarship for International Students
- Athabasca Ongoing Scholarships
- University Of Victoria International Student Support Awards
- Application-Required Entrance International Scholarships at University of Winnipeg
In Canada international students will come to understand that the country is divided into provinces that have rule over different authority. This means that if the student picks Quebec for example to study in, that student would need to take a French language proficiency test since Quebec is primarily a French province.
When an international student applies to study in Canada, that student must receive admissions or accepted from what is called a designated learning institution. Or else, that student’s study visa will be rejected since that student does not have a confirmation letter from a designated learning institution. Any student researching for a Canadian university will be able to look under an online registry for which colleges and higher education institutions are considered designated learning institutions.
When applying to a university of your choice, each institution does have different rules when it comes to applying for admissions. Simply contact the university to receive a list of needed documents to send in with the admissions application. Some schools require a fee that covers the application for admission, paying for health insurance before arriving in Canada, paying certain tuition fees before arriving and many more.
One thought on “Canada Scholarships”
All great but am looking for a high school scholarship