When it comes to studying abroad and in a different country like Burkina Faso, it can be a taxing moment when it comes down to researching what available scholarships there are to pursue. From government grants, to university entrance scholarships that are handed out upon sending in the submission admissions application.
We will break down what scholarships and fellowships are available in each country, along with the title of those scholarships. This way it can be much easier during a student’s research when they decide to look up the full details of that scholarship to see if they are an eligible match.
Along with scholarships, we will place any internships or work-study programs that may be readily available for international students.
Below is a list of scholarships available to both domestic citizens of Burkina Faso and international students interested in studying in the country.
Scholarships in Burkina Faso
- U.S Embassy in Burkina Faso Scholarship Program
- The Thomas J. Watson Foundation Fellowship – Private funding opportunity
- WARA Pre-Doctoral Fellowships
- WARA Post-Doctoral Fellowships
- TUBITAK Graduate Scholarships for International Students
- The Civil Society International Scholarships for Burkina Faso Students
- École Normale Supérieure (ENS) Scholarships
- University Paris-Saclay International Master’s Scholarships
- Foundation Rainbow Bridge MBA Scholarships for African and Asian Women
- INSEAD Greendale Foundation MBA Scholarships for Southern and Eastern Africa
- Eiffel Scholarships in France for International Students
- The Ampère International Scholarships of Excellence
Student Visa in Burkina Faso
Yes, international students will need to acquire a student visa before arriving in Burkina Faso. As standard procedure it is easier on the student to acquire a student visa before arriving so there is no problems with crossing the border into the country. At times, it can be difficult for student upon arrival if they do not have all of their paperwork stating which university they are attending in Burkina Faso, or what they intend to study. Along with not having a student visa to all the student to stay the full academic term.
With student visas in Burkina Faso, students are urged to look at the Burkina Faso government website to see if they are accepting student visas at this time. There have been a number of times that the government has not been accepting specifically United States student visas.
Learn the Local Language
This is one of the bigger points for any country. Each country releases a huge amount of ‘language scholarships’ that is dedicated to the students who are currently learning the local language and who intend to pursue a higher education in the cultural history of Burkina Faso.
Each country will have a language proficiency exam to place ethe student in classes where they are familiar with the language. This is a regular occurrence to ensure that the student does not immediately fall behind in their coursework because simply they do not understand the language.
Most universities will place international students into free language programs so the students can begin basic level exercises to help them to learn the local or official language of the country.