The discipline of psychology is a scientific study of the human brain and the processes that occur within it. The overarching goal of this study is to comprehend behavior in many settings. This is an area of applied science, which means that it involves the diagnosis of problems by using general principles, with support from case studies and research.
The term “psychologist” is commonly used to refer to a trained professional who works in the subject of psychology. A psychologist is someone who studies the influence that a person or animal’s mental functions play in their behavior in a given social situation.
Psychologists are typically in high demand in a variety of settings, including hospitals, educational institutions, businesses, and so on. The demand for psychological services at educational institutions, medical facilities, facilities treating substance abuse, and organizations providing social care is projected to create a healthy employment picture. In addition, mental health professionals who work in clinical psychology, school psychology, or industrial-organizational psychology should be able to find employment that is both satisfying and in demand in their respective professions.
Students at the bachelor’s, master’s, and postgraduate levels can apply for scholarships that are made available to them. . Prospective students who are interested in furthering their education can benefit from consulting the list of available scholarships that can be found below
1. The Annette Urso Rickel Foundation Dissertation Grant for Public Policy:
This award is considered to be one of the most prestigious scholarship opportunities in Canada that are open to overseas students studying psychology. This scholarship grants a cash prize of one thousand Canadian dollars (CAD).
The Annette Urso Rickel Foundation Dissertation Award is intended to contribute to the funding of dissertation research on public policy. This type of research has the potential to improve services for children and families who are coping with psychosocial challenges.
However, the Annette Urso Rickel Foundation Dissertation Award for Public Policy is exclusively available to college students who are in need of financial support to complete their dissertation research in the field of psychology-related public policy.
2. The Sharon Stephens Brehm Undergraduate Psychology Grant is a scholarship that is awarded by the American Psychology Foundation (APF) to undergraduate students who are knowledgeable in the subject of psychology and have an excellent academic status. Each recipient of the Sharon Stephens Brehm scholarship is awarded around $5,000 to assist them with various educational expenses such as tuition, textbooks, and other expenditures associated with their education. This scholarship is awarded on an annual basis.
- It is a prerequisite for this position that applicants have completed at least one year of undergraduate study with a concentration in psychology.
- Before submitting an application, the student is expected to have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.5 and to provide an up-to-date transcript, curriculum vitae, and a personal written essay. In addition, the student is required to have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.5.
- The application is open to any and all students, regardless of whether they are citizens of the United States or students from another country.
- Applicants must be ready to offer evidence, if requested, that they are in need of financial assistance in order to be considered for the position.
3. The J. McGuigan Award for Dissertation Excellence
A cash award in the amount of $2,000 is up for grabs for the J. McGuigan Dissertation Award. International students who have been accepted to study psychology at any Canadian university that is on the list of approved institutions are eligible to apply.
The F. J. McGuigan Dissertation Award is intended to provide financial assistance to students who are working toward the completion of dissertation research that is centered on the creation of an integrated concept of the brain and behavior.
4. Scholarship for Graduate Study at the University of Guelph:
Students enrolled in psychology programs at Canadian universities are eligible to apply for a graduate scholarship offered by the University of Guelph. Nevertheless, those who are well-versed in industrial-organizational psychology stand a significantly better chance of securing the financial award.
The recipients of this scholarship will receive full tuition and fees at the University of Guelph to pursue their studies in psychology.
5. The California Psychological Association- Foundation (CPA-F) Fellowship:
This fellowship is awarded on a yearly basis to three students who come from underrepresented groups and are pursuing a doctoral degree in psychology at an institution in California of their choosing. Only students who are having trouble making ends meet are eligible for the incentive, which may be as much as two thousand dollars, and they are the only ones who can receive it.
- To be eligible for consideration for this prize, the student must already hold a prestigious bachelor’s degree and come from a minority that is underrepresented in higher education.
- A student is required to provide evidence that they are able to sustain themselves financially before they may be evaluated.
- Every applicant is expected to be ready to show that, after graduation, they will be able to help other ethnic minority groups who are in need of aid, and this is something they must be prepared to demonstrate.
- In order to be considered for the position, the candidate is required to provide a personal essay, a letter of recommendation, and a transcript. In the personal essay, the applicant should describe his or her plans for the future after graduating from high school.
6. A scholarship made possible by the Anna Gordon Memorial Endowment:
Senior students enrolled in the psychology degree program offered by the College of Arts and Sciences at the University of Alabama, in the United States, are eligible to apply for this scholarship opportunity.
However, those who are awarded the Anna Gordon Memorial Endowed Scholarship will not have to worry about money for education.
7. The Franklin D. Boyce Health Scholarship:
This scholarship is awarded to students at both the graduate and undergraduate levels to assist them in getting started with their studies in health-related areas such as psychology. Students who are able to demonstrate that they fit the criteria for the scholarship will be awarded a sum of $2500 to assist them with their educational and other associated costs. A student who demonstrates financial need is selected to receive the Franklin D. Boyce Health Scholarship from the John Randolph Foundation on an annual basis.
- Candidates are needed to have a cumulative grade point average that is at least 3.0 prior to beginning the application process.
- In order for applicants to be considered for a scholarship, they must first demonstrate that they are in need of either shoe or financial assistance.
- Candidates who are chosen for an interview are required to demonstrate that they have the necessary skills and knowledge to successfully complete university-level psychology courses as well as other health-related courses.
8. A scholarship offered by the Bangor University School of Psychology:
The Bangor University School of Psychology offers a variety of financial aid opportunities for students, including scholarships, studentships, and bursaries. These opportunities are funded by the University as well as the Academic Schools.
In addition to assisting overseas students in other ways, the International Education Centre provides them with a number of different awards.
Additionally, Bangor University provides a plethora of financial aid opportunities in the form of scholarships to students who enroll in the university’s psychology degree program. Students studying in their home countries and those studying abroad can compete for the scholarships.
9. The Bournemouth University Subject Achievement Scholarship in Psychology
is awarded to the following students: This scholarship is open to students attending Bournemouth University with the objective of obtaining a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology. In addition, applicants have to be nationals of either the United Kingdom or the European Union.
10. Ethel Louise Armstrong Foundation Scholarships: In 1994, Margaret Staton established this award with the intention of assisting people with disabilities in realizing their goals of attending college and obtaining a degree in the field of their choice. This award is given to ten individuals each year. Now, the Ethel Louise Armstrong (ELA) Foundation awards female graduate students who have physical limitations a variety of scholarships, each with a maximum value of $2,000. These scholarships are given out on an annual basis. Women are the only ones who can apply for these scholarships.
- The scholarship will only be awarded to female students with disabilities who are presently enrolled in an educational institution in the United States and are majoring in either psychology or education.
- Candidates are required to provide evidence that they are enthusiastic about continuing their studies at the university by enrolling in a master’s program or another type of postgraduate program.
- In addition to having a strong academic standing, applicants are required to maintain a decent and active involvement in the community of the organization that helps persons with disabilities. This requirement is in addition to the strong academic standing that is necessary
11. The American Psychology Foundation (APF)
provides the opportunity to submit an application for this award to graduate students who are considering pursuing a doctoral degree in psychology at either the PhD or Psy.D. level. Only the top 25 master’s students who have excelled academically upon completion of their degree and who can demonstrate that they are in need of financial assistance are selected to receive this prize on an annual basis.
The recipients of this award must be able to show that they are in need of financial assistance. While they are attending school in the United States, the student plans to conduct research and write their thesis, and they intend to use some of the money from the scholarship to help cover the costs of doing so. The students are required to have a curriculum vitae, letters of recommendation from faculty members at the university, and a three-page overview of the research topic.
- Applicants are required to have earned a master’s degree from an accredited institution in the United States and demonstrate a willingness to pursue a doctoral degree in psychology. Additionally, applicants are required to have a minimum of three years of relevant work experience.
- Before an applicant may be accepted, he or she must first establish both a significant financial need and an excellent place academically.
- In order for the application to even be considered for the award, the psychology department at the applicant’s university must first put forward their name as a candidate.
12. Scholarships available through the Chicago School of Professional Psychology:
Students from other countries who are studying psychology in Canada can benefit from the Chicago School of Professional Psychology scholarship because it is an advantageous scholarship initiative.
Winners of this prize will get a package consisting of the Global Impact Scholarship as well as the International Student Grant in addition to the opportunity to study for free at the Chicago School in the United States.
13. The Surrey International MSc Funding for Psychology award
is available to prospective graduate students at the University of Surrey who are interested in pursuing a master’s degree in the field of psychology. This honor is given out annually by the Psychology Department of the University of Surrey in Surrey, United Kingdom. The recipient of the scholarship will receive a contribution of £5,000 toward their study as well as their living expenses in order to assist them in accomplishing their academic and professional goals. The individual who is awarded the scholarship will finish their academic career at the University of Surrey, which can be found in the country of the United Kingdom.
- At this time, applications from students living in countries other than the United Kingdom who are interested in earning a master’s degree in psychology from the University of Surrey can be submitted.
- In order to be considered for the position, applicants must indicate that they are willing to participate in a psychology course at the institution on a full-time basis.
- Applicants are needed to present evidence that they are in need of financial help in order to be considered for this award.
14. Walter Gleason Ph.D. Scholarship:
This scholarship was established and is being awarded by the Wisconsin Psychological Association (WPA), who awards a sum of $1,000 annually to qualified students to study psychology at the doctoral level. This scholarship was established and is being awarded by the Wisconsin Psychological Association (WPA). The Wisconsin Psychological Association is responsible for both the creation of this material and its ongoing distribution (WPA). Only current students at the school who want to pursue a degree in psychology as their major are qualified to apply for the award.
- Members of the Wisconsin Psychological Association are expected to fill the available positions (WPA).
- In order to be considered for this post, applicants need to be actively enrolled at the university in a psychology program that permits full-time study. Only then would they be eligible for consideration.
- The applicants are required to hand in three letters of recommendation in addition to producing evidence that they are enrolled in the program.
- Candidates are expected to have earned a favorable standing in the community as a result of their previous volunteer work.
15. The Scott and Paul Pearsall Scholarship
A monetary grant in the amount of $10,000 is available via the Scott and Paul Pearsall Scholarship from the American Psychological Foundation.
Adults who have visible physical disabilities, such as cerebral palsy, have to deal with the emotional pain and social stigma that comes along with their condition on a daily basis. The Scott and Paul Pearsall Grant helps pay for graduate and early-career work that tries to educate the general public about these issues.
Only students of psychology who are dedicated to improving awareness of the emotional suffering and social stigma experienced by people over the age of 18 who live with physical limitations are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
16. The American Psychological Foundation awards the Benton-Meier Scholarship to graduate students in the university who are concentrating on neuropsychology and are seeking to become professionals in the field. Students who are eligible for the Benton-Meier Scholarship, which has a value of approximately $2,000 and is awarded on an annual basis, have the opportunity to be considered for the scholarship. The funding from the scholarship will be used exclusively by the recipient of the award to assist their own research pursuits in the field of neuropsychology.
- Students who are currently enrolled in the university’s graduate program and are working toward a concentration in neuropsychology may be considered for the award.
- Candidates are expected to already hold a certificate for their master’s degree, which must be presented alongside their curriculum vitae and any letters of recommendation they may have received.
- Only those applicants for the award who have received approval from the institution’s research board will have their applications taken into consideration.
17. A Scholarship from the Virginia Commonwealth University for:
Students majoring in psychology at Virginia Commonwealth University in the United States are eligible to apply for a scholarship offered by Virginia Commonwealth University. VCU’s schools and departments are responsible for the administration and distribution of their own individual scholarships to first-year students, transfer students, and current students.
It is widely recognized as one of the most prestigious psychology fellowships available to international students in Canada.
18. Thelma Hunt Research Grants: This research grant, which was presented in the historian’s honor from 1973 through 1979, was open to applications from members of the Psi Chi international society of psychology. Cash of around $3,000 per year is made available through the Thelma Hunt Research Grants to qualifying undergraduate and graduate students in the field of psychology. This funding is intended to assist the recipients with the costs of tuition and other essentials. The awarding ceremony is going to take place in the United States of America.
- Candidates are required to be active members of Psi Chi and must be juniors or higher in rank in order to be considered.
- The applicants are expected to have already started their studies at a reputable university in the United States, where they are required to be enrolled, and they are also necessary to have an academic standing that is adequate.
- Winners will need to show that they are prepared and willing to initiate and carry out research studies on any psychological concerns that are directly related to Psi Chi if they want to claim the prize.
- Watch this video recommendation if you are interested in going to school in another country: 25 of the Best Full Scholarships You Should Know About.
19. Asian American Psychological Association (AAPA): the AAPA scholarship is awarded on a yearly basis to Filipino American college students who have dreams of continuing graduate studies in psychology and other subjects associated to the academic discipline of psychology. Each student who is awarded the scholarship and satisfies the requirements is eligible to receive up to $500 in financial assistance.
- Candidates need to demonstrate a willingness to further their studies by obtaining a master’s or doctoral degree from a reputed educational institution.
- In addition to submitting two letters of recommendation and presenting proof of their involvement in the Filipino-American community, applicants are expected to satisfy this requirement.
- In addition to this, applicants are required to write and submit a personal statement in which they explore the reasons why they are interested in pursuing a career in the field of psychology.
20. Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology, and Neuroscience at King’s College London:
The mission of the Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology, and Neuroscience is to investigate the factors that contribute to the development of mental disorders and diseases of the brain. Postgraduate students who are interested in studying psychology at King’s College London have the option of enrolling in a program that is housed under the King’s College London Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology, and Neuroscience.
Studying Psychology is always a wonderful choice, regardless of whether you are at that pivotal point in your life when you have to decide what field you want to work in or if you just feel like it’s time for a change and want to broaden your education to encompass new topics.This article just covers 20 of the available scholarships. If you are a student at an undergraduate or postgraduate level who is looking for scholarships in the field of psychology, we hope that the opportunities that have been listed above will provide you with a foundation upon which you can build your future.