The Gates Cambridge Scholarships are one of the most prestigious international scholarships in the world. Scholarships are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at Cambridge University.
Don’t miss out on this golden opportunity to study in the UK. The Gates Cambridge Scholarships 2022 offers postgraduate scholarships to 80 outstanding and talented students out of the country. There are over 225 scholars from 50 different countries studying at Cambridge University on fully-funded international scholarships.
In late 2000, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation established the Gates Cambridge Scholarship Program. The University of Cambridge received the largest grant to a UK university for this scholarship program.
Details of the Gates Cambridge Scholarships 2022
Institutions where the studies will be carried out:
Cambridge University, UK.
Levels and areas of studies:
Doctorate, Master’s, or a one-year graduate course in any subject offered at the University.
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Scholarships at Cambridge University are available for any subject available at the university (except some courses). Cambridge has more than 100 departments, colleges, schools, and institutes.
Courses that are NOT eligible for Gates Cambridge Scholarships:
- Any university degree, such as BA (bachelor’s degree) or affiliated with BA (a second BA)
- Master of Business (MBA)
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- MBBChir clinical studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine (6 years, part-time)
- Postgraduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees
Who can participate ?:
Hispanics and Latinos with excellent academic records are welcome to apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarships 2022.
Endowment of the scholarship:
- University composition fee (varies by graduate program)
- Maintenance allowance £ 17,500 / year
- Roundtrip airfare in economy class
- Entry visa costs
- Cost of the immigration health surcharge.
Additional funds will be considered for fellows:
- Funding for academic development (£ 500 to £ 2,000)
- Family allowance (from £ 10,120 to £ 4,320 for 1st and 2nd child)
- Field Work Grant for Ph.D.
- Maternity / Paternity Financing
- Financing due to financial difficulties
Read about the total value of the scholarship at this link.
Conditions that participants must meet:
You can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship if:
- You are a citizen of any country outside the UK.
- You have applied to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study: Ph.D. (three-year research degree only); Master’s degree or MLitt (two-year research degree only); or a one-year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA, etc.)
Instructions to apply:
Applicants must submit an application for graduate admission through the University’s graduate portal. There are two application deadlines for Gates Cambridge Scholarships: December 2, 2021, or January 6, 2022, depending on the course.
Until December 2, 2021, and January 6, 2022.