The John Paul II Foundation scholarships have developed systematic work with older adults. Specifically, these scholarships enhance the comprehensive training of students, turning them, through a rigorous program, into professionals with a vocation for service, at the service of the country.
The Foundation’s social projects play an important role in the development of the comprehensive scholarship recipient. For this reason, eight pillars of social assistance have been defined, which, together with marking the seal that every Foundation project must have, are specific aspects that are sought to be promoted by the scholarship holders and their experience in the projects to contribute to the achievement of the mission.
ABOUT THE FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIPS
All the John Paul II Foundation scholarship holders actively participate in social volunteering with the elderly, this year the volunteering will be online like all other activities
HOW THE FOUNDATION WORKS
The John Paul II Foundation, which celebrated its 33rd anniversary in 2020, grants scholarships to students of academic and personal merit who would see their professional training made impossible if they did not have this help.
In the recent 33 years, the Foundation has contributed to the country with more than US$ 15 million in the university education of hundreds of young people, most of whom have belonged to the Catholic University of Chile.
In these three decades, 3,292 annual scholarships have been awarded and today there are 657 graduates.
The objective is specified in the participation of scholarship holders in a system of activities, whose focus is the development of spiritual aspects, also typical of the nature of the Foundation, social and academic.
Accordingly, a participation program has been established in social projects that are directed by former scholarship recipients in which the scholarship recipients collaborate to mainly serve the sector of society for the elderly through different workshops.
What benefits do the John Paul II Foundation Scholarships offer?
1. The scholarship will finance a percentage of the university fee, which may be 45%, 70% or 90%, depending on the family’s economic situation
2. This scholarship, obtained after participating in a selection process based on exclusive indicators of the Foundation, covers the real value of the enrollment (in percentages assigned by the Foundation), food during the week, and delivers a monthly payment. It stands out, however, for fully supporting the personal growth of scholarship recipients, guiding them in their personal and professional development.
3. A food scholarship will be granted from Monday to Friday, to cover lunch at the place of study.
4. In the case of students from the Regions, prior evaluation, an accommodation scholarship may be financed in the residences that the Foundation has agreements
5. A study scholarship will be awarded consisting of a monthly allowance in money for personal expenses of around $80,000.
THE FOUNDATION OFFERS THE FOLLOWING TRAINING SERVICES
a. Participation in social projects of the John Paul II Foundation
b. Students in the last years will be able to access individualized English classes, given by native teachers and personalized according to their levels of knowledge.
c. Spiritual development for a person who permanently provides guidance and support
d. The benefits indicated above are integrated, that is, you cannot apply for only one of them.
What are the key dates?
Application dates 2022: From March 1 to Monday, April 25. The scholarship is awarded from August 2022.
Undergraduate Scholarship Canisius College
Canisius College Offers Undergraduate Scholarship in Various Areas; for successful international students. Canisius adheres to a rolling admissions policy that allows students to apply at any time until the class is full. It offers early action with a deadline of November 1.
Founded in 1870 by the Jesuits from Germany and named after St. Peter Canisius, Canisius College is a private Jesuit college in Buffalo, New York. Canisius seeks to be a vibrant and progressive university committed above all to academic excellence and the genuine search for truth.
Ranked among the best institutions in the Northeast, Canisius is a master’s-level college and one of 27 Jesuit colleges and universities in the nation. At Canisius, students are prepared for lives of intellectual exploration, service, and leadership through a liberal arts-based core curriculum and a wide range of learning experiences.
The degree to Receive: Undergraduate
Place of Study: United States
Offeror: Canisius College
Application Deadline: 01/11/2022
- The scholarship offers from $2,000 to $7,500.
- The scholarship does not cover travel expenses, maintenance, medical insurance or study materials.
- Applicants must be international freshmen and transfer students.
- To apply, students can make applications for admission through the Common Application Portal or the Canisius College Application Portal. Scholarship winners will be considered on the basis of their application for admission. A separate scholarship application is not required.
- Students must present the following documents: Copy of the biographical page of the passport; High school transcripts. If you have attended a college or university, please submit transcripts with English translations; Personal essay (at least 250 words)
- Applicants must have a High School GPA of 85-94%.
- Students must submit scores from the following English language proficiency tests: TOEFL 79 IBT or 550 PBT; IELTS 6.5 overall; SAT evidence-based reading and writing score 560+; ACT English and Reading Sections Combined Score 42+
- Duolingo English Test minimum score of 105; ELS level 112; Academic PTE Minimum score of 65; GTEC Minimum score of 1200 or CAEL 70 overall.