Honoring the legacy of Ruby Stevens, her daughter creates a scholarship that can help Australian and New Zealand citizen to further their undergraduate degree at James Cook University for the academic year of 2022-2023. Her daughter Lynette wants to establish its legacy to her family the testament on how important education is, that is the lesson that Ruby Stevens learned in her early life and she makes sure that she passes the lesson to her family and contribute on how they can help other students to continue their education with no boundaries or financial hardship.
James Cook University in partnership with the Ruby Catherine Stevens sponsorship offers a good chance for deserving undergraduate students to be more prepared with their career plans and achieve them. The scholarship is a great way to build students’ academic and professional plans without worrying about financial boundaries, as educational cost rises annually, this is one of the best ways in finding financial support that will match up every student’s circumstances.
About Ruby Stevens
Ruby Catherine Stevens was born in 1909 and worked as a full-time chemist while raising four children. She believes that education matters to everyone, as she passed away, Lynette her daughter wants to contribute and honor her mother by giving back chances to students who want to further their education by offering a scholarship and sharing the importance of education as her mother thought her throughout the years.
James Cook University
James Cook University located in Australia wants to take part in the scholarship sponsored by Stevens. Annually the university offers over fifty various scholarships that will match up every student’s needs, valued at up to $45,000 that will cover all the financial support that will be applicable to every student in Australia.
With its cutting-edge technology and research, the students will be able to enhance their skills and knowledge to be more prepared for their career plans with great potentials. As one of the well-known universities in Australia, its mission is to deliver high-quality education and create leadership characteristics for every student with its state-of-the-art facilities and modern equipment that will allow an optimal experience to advance their learnings and opportunities.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Degree Level: Undergraduate degree
- Field/Course: Pharmacy/Chemistry, Psychology, Social Work
- Scholarship Duration: 1 year
- Country of scholarship: Australia
- Nationality: Australian and New Zeland
- Scholarship Amount: $8,000
- Number of scholarships: Awarded to up to 3
The Ruby scholarship will accept students who will meet the eligibility requirements of the following:
- Local students who are Australian Citizen and New Zealand Citizen or international citizen holds a permanent visa on either of the two countries.
- Currently admitted full time in a minimum of 9 credits in any of the field courses eligible for the scholarship
- Completed the 24 cps and in the current courses at the time of application.
- The students who have a GPA minimum of 4.0
- Students who are 25 years old or older by the time of the application date.
- Must demonstrate their financial hardship.
- Don’t have a previous degree in undergraduate or master’s degrees.
- Can submit their activity reports
The scholarship also requires that the students are living in the following postal areas:
Selections of Awardee
The criteria for selection for the awardee of the scholarship will be reviewed depending on the students:
- Financial Hardship
- Academic merits
- Motivations towards their education
- And other factors will be depending on the scholarship committee’s decisions.
To apply for the scholarship, the students must be able to submit the application forms that can be accessed to an online portal provided by the university no later than the deadline for submission set by the committee. All application forms must be completed along with the following documents:
- Academic Records from a previous university or institution.
- Official Transcript of records
- A copy of the permanent visa for the international students.
The university will be requiring two statements of the following:
- Personal Statements
A written statement consisting of 500 words that explain about yourself, your motivation to achieve your selected courses, and how the scholarship will give impact your ability to further your education at James Cook University.
- Financial Hardship
Demonstrating your financial hardship and can provide evidence of financial support such as Centrelink Income Statements for yourself and for your family members. Students must also submit any documents that will support their financial hardship.
All applications that are submitted incompletely will not be considered. The candidate authorizes the Selection Committee to raise questions about the candidate’s merits and eligibility for a scholarship, including allowing the Selection Committee to review the candidate’s academic performance and solicit opinions from relevant academic staff at the university or other academic institutions.
Scholarship Important Dates
The Ruby Scholarship offered by James Cook University will be opening on February 221,2022. Before the opening date, students can read all the requirements and be more prepared to complete the documents they may be needing to be considered.
All documents and completed application forms must be submitted until the deadline on March 21, 2022.
After submitting the application, it will be checked for completeness and suitability and you will receive confirmation of acceptance by email. After the deadline, it will be evaluated individually and submitted to a selection committee, which will rank your application in comparison to other applicants. Applicants may be invited for an interview as part of the process.
Selection of the Scholarship
Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the scholarship committee, which includes representatives of the following:
- Social work
The selection committee has the right to:
- Not award a scholarship if the Selection Committee thinks that there is no applicant with sufficient merit to warrant the award.
- The Selection Committee is responsible for selecting and/or interviewing the selected students.
- The selection committee decides all questions regarding the selection of scholarships to be awarded.
The deserving students will be receiving an amount of $8,000 that will be paid on the date of their study period. The scholarship will be offered annually. Students must read the terms and conditions of the scholarship and must meet the scholarship’s ongoing eligibility to maintain the awards.