The Curtin University in offers a Geoscience Scholarship that has been developed by Santos together with Curtin University to support and encourage students in Australia to pursue their undergraduate degree in the field of Geoscience. All student are invited to join the scholarship program. As part of Curtin University’s commitments, the scholarship is to reward academic excellence, support research, and enable students to realize their future. The scholarship offered by the university is available to current Curtin students and commencing students.
Scholarship Provider: Curtin University
About the Provider
The Curtin University located in Perth, Australia is globally known for its quality research strategies and innovative technologies that have a strong partnership and commitment in preparing every student for their career jobs in the future. The university values include integrity, respect, courage, and excellence that builds a foundation on the community they are serving. Students will be able to receive an outstanding education in a collaborative and inclusive environment.
As one of the recognized global universities for innovation in teaching and learning experience, the university delivers highly responsive methods to the needs of the student’s career and building industry. Strong governance and leadership ensure stability and help the university develop attractive plans for the future. With generous support, Curtin is building a better, fairer, and more sustainable world for our local and global communities.
Eligible courses: Science or Geophysics
Nationality: Australian and New Zealand
Scholarship Value: $5,000
Number of awards to be given: NA
Academic Year: 2022-2023
Scholarship Eligibility Details
The interested applicants for the scholarship offered by Curtin University are required to check and meet the eligibility criteria before starting their scholarship application. Listed below are the criteria for eligibility to be considered.
- All Australian and New Zealand students are eligible to apply, permanent citizens are encouraged to apply as well.
- For permanent residence, the students must be able to submit their proof of residency in Australia.
- Students must be enrolled full-time in their final year in any of the eligible courses for the scholarship at Curtin University in the academic year 2022- 2023.
- Be enrolled in a Commonwealth sponsored location at Curtin University and an Australian resident
- (CWA) 65 average course
- Currently not receiving any further industry-sponsored scholarships
To be admitted to the University the students must meet the following:
- Stay enrolled in the initial training course
- Maintain full-time 100 credits study load per semester
- Maintain a weighted average (CWA) course grade per semester at least 65
- Hold all units for one semester
- Do not apply for another industry sponsored scholarship or receive another scholarship while receiving the Geoscience Scholarship
The interested undergraduate students ut follow the application process by Curtin University. To be able to apply for the scholarship, the students must access the application form at the application portal provided by the university, the application form can be accessed at the OASIS tab and by clicking the My Studies button.
Completion of the Application Forms
Steps to complete the application
- Read and complete the application forms
- application form can be saved at any time during the process
- The students can apply for multiple scholarship opportunities at once
- You can find tips on how to fill out an application in the “Application Information” section of the scholarship page
All incomplete applications will not be assessed by the scholarship committee, closing dates can be seen and listed on the pages on the scholarship application portal. Once the application form is done, the status of the application will be set as done and submitted. The receipt of the application will be sent to the student’s email once set to submit.
The university may require the following documents:
- Official Transcript of records
- High school diploma
- Proof of Residency
The deadline for submission of the application is until March 3, 2022, and will be offered annually by the university.
Once the application is being submitted after the deadline period, the scholarship committee will then review all the applications with the following criteria:
- Students academic merit
- Interviews, the interview can only be done on the shortlisted students only
- Preference will only be granted to the female students only
The shortlisted students who will be invited for the interview will be receiving an email regarding the date and time, keep in mind that the students must be available on the set date and time by the scholarship committee. The tentative dates of the interview will be between March 30, 2022, to April 8, 2022. Unsuccessful students will be notified through the scholarship channel of Curtin University.
The interview outcome for the successful and unsuccessful students will be notified through the scholarship portal. All successful students who will be receiving the scholarship must read and agree to the terms and conditions applied for the scholarship.
- Scholarships are awarded if there is a candidate with sufficient merit
- Awards and scholarship renewal will be depending on the Curtin University funds from the industry sponsors.
The scholarship value will be providing the following for up to one year and will be based on the full-time study of the successful students.
- A value of $5,000 that will be paid in cash stipend of to up to $2,500 per semester, the scholarship value amount can only be used on the student’s education expenses.
- The successful students will have the potential to work part-time in Santos Geoscience.
- Site visit at Santos center, which includes the student’s expenses on their flights, accommodation, living expenses, and related expenses visit. The Santos will be coordinating with the arrangements directly at the successful students.
- The students will have a mentoring session with Santos Geoscience during their scholarship year.
The students can email the university for more details about the scholarship at email@example.com
In case the students want to defer the scholarship offer, they are required to submit an online inquiry to the admission office.