The following are some of the goals of the scholarship:
Assist, encourage, and foster the development of long-lasting linkages of knowledge, education, and communication between Britain and Australia;
Give students the opportunity to complete a portion of their degree outside of the country in which they are enrolled in order to boost their academic growth and their understanding of other cultures. Donations that were made to the Matthew Flinders Memorial Statue Fund allowed for the establishment of this scholarship.
About the Scholarship Provider:
Because of its pioneering nature and unwavering commitment to its students, Flinders University is consistently ranked among the world’s best universities. At Flinders, students are urged to “seize the day” and make the most of each and every one of their opportunities. Everything you may possibly need to excel in your studies is right here on campus. Flinders University has an excellent reputation amongst academic institutions worldwide. had graduated at the top of their class from a reputable university. The world’s best and brightest come to study at Flinders University. One needs to be curious, imaginative, and willing to take risks in order to come up with new ideas. If you’ve read this far, you probably think Flinders University is the best option. It’s quite an honour to have your company named the best in Australia for hiring fresh college grads.
Many of our alums go on to work in roles such as teaching, mentoring, and practicum coordination because of the respect in which they were held as students. Why our certificates are held in such great esteem. Times Higher Education ranks Flinders University at #271 globally and #43 in Asia and the Pacific. The 2020 version of the final list of the finest universities in the world is now available. Our goal is to increase the good our company can do in the world by partnering with organisations in different parts of the world that are also trying to address pressing problems in areas like education and science.
The degree programmes at Flinders University have consistently been ranked among the top in the world since the university’s foundation. Graduates from these prestigious institutions have a bright job market future. Several thriving companies have their starts at Australia’s Flinders University. An internship at such a firm would provide a great introduction to innovative management practises. Flinders University has several buildings in the downtown area, making it a convenient location for those staying in the Bedford Park neighbourhood. One of the best features of this hotel is its proximity to both the beach and the heart of town. This report includes the financials for both the Plaza and the Student Centre. There will be office space in the skyscraper that may be leased by companies from all around the world. Flinders Village is home to a wide variety of exciting businesses and events. Flinders University is well regarded in part because of the excellent liberal arts education its students receive.
Flinders University has a number of programmes designed to help international students adjust to life in Adelaide and Australia. Even after orientation has ended, we continue to keep in touch with overseas students on a regular basis. Ninety percent of our overseas students say they would recommend us to a friend or colleague. When the new Flinders Village station and line open in 2020, it will be much simpler to get to the Flinders Medical Centre at the University of Adelaide. Patients who are in need of medical attention at the Flinders Medical Centre will have an easier time getting there. It is possible to save 22 minutes each way on your commute if you are able to find housing and a place of employment in the same central business district. The potential for time and power savings is considered. About 12 kilometres south of Adelaide’s downtown is where you’ll find Flinders University’s Bedford Park campus. You can just make out the harbour and city in the distance. The Australian landscape, with the lake and native plants, provides a striking contrast to the neighbouring urban architecture. Flinders University is most likely located in Adelaide’s beautiful and convenient Bedford Park neighbourhood. The cost of living in Adelaide is significantly lower than in other major cities. Either “(2016 World Liveability Report)” or “(2016 World Liveability Report)” is acceptable to reference this article. Student-initiated research and development is highly valued at Flinders University. Flinders University offers a wide range of counselling and financial assistance services to assist students with decisions including major selection and long-term goal planning. Tonsley innovation zone visitors will have easier access to the rest of the city after the New Flinders Rail Station opens in 2020. The business district of Flinders Village has been greatly increased by recent construction.
SeNSS is one of only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC, and they will be offering a handful of fully-funded ESRC doctoral studentships beginning in September 2023. SeNSS is one of the only 14 Doctoral Training Partnerships in the United Kingdom that is sponsored by the ESRC.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Flinders University
Scholarship Country: Australia
Scholarship Worth: $5,000
Study Level: Undergraduate
Nationality: International Students
- Each scholarship is valued at $5,000 Australian Dollars (AUD). Up to four scholarships will be made available each year, with two going to students from the United Kingdom studying at Flinders University in Australia and the other two going to students from Flinders University studying in the United Kingdom. The amount of funds that is available each year determines the number of scholarships that can be awarded.
The Gustafsson & Skrondal Visiting Scholarship is administered by the University of Oslo’s Centre for Educational Measurement (CEMO). As part of the visiting scholar program, CEMO and the University of Oslo host a number of young researchers from Norway and elsewhere each year.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- Applicants are required to:
- Students must either be enrolled at Flinders University full-time onshore in an undergraduate programme in Australia, be engaging in an exchange programme with an approved strategic partner in Britain*, or both in order to be eligible for this scholarship.
- Be students attending Flinders University on land who are enrolled full-time in an undergraduate programme with an approved strategic partner in the United Kingdom and who are taking part in an exchange programme there; and
- Participated in the exchange programme while enrolled in a degree-granting course of study at the university at which they were hosted; and
- Have successfully completed the equivalent of at least one year’s worth of full-time study towards their undergraduate degree; and
- Have a grade point average of at least 5.5 for Flinders students, or a grade point average of at least 60 out of 100 for incoming students.
- Approved strategic partners will be decided on an annual basis, and details will be published on the Flinders International student exchange website, which may be found at the following location: https://students.flinders.edu.au/my-course/outbound/costs-and-financial-aid.
Th Flinders University 2023 Matthew Flinders Statue Scholarship is open to all international students.
If a student enrolls in one of the degree programs offered by SOAS University of London, they may be eligible to receive a fee waiver award in the amount of £5,000. This award is available to students who are interested in receiving a degree from SOAS University of London.
- Before submitting an application, students who are interested in participating should check with their home institution to determine whether or not the suggested course of study would qualify for academic credit. The application process for students coming to Australia will be publicised on the website of Flinders University and, when suitable, at partner universities.
- Students attending Flinders University who are interested in travelling to the United Kingdom will not be required to submit a separate application for this scholarship. Rather, an application for the student exchange programme at Flinders University from one of our strategic partners will serve as an application for the Matthew Flinders Statue Scholarship.
The application deadline for the Flinders University 2023 Matthew Flinders Statue Scholarship is August 9, 2023.