The University of Buckingham offers up to four scholarships for postgraduate study each year to students who begin their studies in September or January. Each scholarship is given out on the basis of merit and is accessible to anybody who wishes to apply. The scholarships, which are worth up to £4,000 apiece, will be used to defray the costs of one year of postgraduate study.
About the Scholarship:
The University of Buckingham is a private university in the United Kingdom that was founded in 1973 and is one of the country’s oldest private institutions of higher learning. Through a Royal Charter, it was granted the status of a university in 1983. The university is also a member of the Independent Universities Group, which is an association of independent universities. When the institution began to offer traditional degrees, it made the decision to expand its faculty and hire more faculty members in order to keep up with the quickly expanding number of students. The School of Medicine was established at the institution in 2015, and an undergraduate degree program was launched the following year in the same year. Known as the University of Buckingham Medicine School, it is affiliated with the Milton Keynes University Hospital and the Milton Keynes NHS Trust, as well as the Milton Keynes University Hospital Foundation Trust. Some of the most important structures on the university’s campus are Yeomanry Home, the Anthony De Rothchild Building, the Humanities library, the fitness center, the Student’s Union Office, the Georgian house for residence, and the Department of Politics and Economics. Furthermore, the Ian Fairburn Lecture Theatre, which is the largest in the world, is located on the campus. A research wing and a teacher training faculty are housed in another building close to the theatre complex. The Department of Education is the name of this structure on the campus. It is conveniently located among eateries, cafes, retail stores, and numerous chemist shops for the convenience of students. The campus provides a calm and relaxing learning atmosphere. There are dining rooms and Internet connection available in the well-maintained apartment complexes. The University of Buckingham, located in the South East of England and home to the two-year degree program, is ranked first in the United Kingdom for Teaching Excellence. In addition to courses in Allied Health, Business, Computing, Education, Humanities, Law, Medicine, Psychology and Security and Intelligence (among others), Buckingham is proud to be an independent, not-for-profit educational institution. Most courses at the University are offered with start dates in September and January, making it one of the few universities in the United Kingdom to do so. The University of Buckingham is located on a riverbank campus in Buckingham, about 20 minutes from Milton Keynes central station and a short drive from Bicester, Aylesbury, Banbury, and Northampton, among other places. There is free parking on-site, and the position puts it within easy reach of both London and Oxford, as well as other major cities. Every student is known by name and supported throughout their studies, including by dedicated personal tutors, thanks to the award-winning small class tutorials at the University of Edinburgh. Buckingham University was one of the first universities to offer a condensed version of the regular three-year degree. This allows you to earn a full honours degree while finishing your studies a full year early than at most other universities. For a more affordable option, you can earn both your undergraduate and master’s degrees in three years, saving you both time and money. The University also established the first private medical school in the United Kingdom, which just received accreditation from the General Medical Council (GMC). The General Medical Council (GMC) praised Buckingham for providing ‘outstanding professional, academic, and pastoral support that spans throughout the University and clinical learning environments,’ among other things. A commitment to teaching quality and student life on the part of the University has resulted in it receiving good marks from both its students and in national surveys. As evidence of this, the university has been ranked first in Student Satisfaction for four consecutive years The University of Buckingham provides a one-of-a-kind ‘1+2’ degree program (a foundation programme and undergraduate degree with honours in just three years). Buckingham’s novel term structure makes this possible, but it does not result in an increase in the amount of work that students have to accomplish on a day-to-day basis for them. Foundation routes are provided in the fields of business, law, computing, economics, accounting and finance, journalism, and other fields of interest.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Buckingham
Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
Scholarship Worth: £4,000
Study Level: Masters
Nationality: International Students
The scholarships, which are worth up to £4,000 apiece, will be used to defray the costs of one year of postgraduate study.
Eligibility for Scholarship.
- The Ondaatje Postgraduate Scholarship at the University of Buckingham is available to international students who wish to pursue their undergraduate degree at the University of Buckingham, as well as to Buckingham graduates who wish to pursue their postgraduate degree at Massey College, University of Toronto.
- The scholarships are worth £4,000 each and will be used to fund postgraduate study for a period of one year.
- Candidates for the Ondaatje Postgraduate Scholarship at the University of Buckingham should send a complete and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae with their application materials (CV).
- He or she should submit a letter of recommendation from his or her university.
- A statement indicating the proposed program of study should be sent with the application.
- Should include a brief explanation of why you intend to pursue the course and why you believe you should be awarded the scholarship.
For the first time, the University of Winnipeg is pleased to announce the availability of 53 new international student entrance scholarships. First-time abroad students who are enrolled in any of the University’s divisions – undergraduate, graduate, collegiate, PACE, or ELP – for the first time are eligible for this scholarship. The President’s Scholarship for World Leaders is readily open to all international students
The University Of Buckingham UK2022 Ondaatje Postgraduate Scholarship is open to all International Students
- Anyone interested in applying for the Ondaatje Scholarship should already have an offer of a seat at Buckingham for postgraduate study. Applicants who have already begun their Master’s degree will not be eligible to apply for the scholarship. [email protected] is the email address to which completed applications should be forwarded.
- The following information should be included in applications:
- Formulary for submitting a scholarship application
- A curriculum vitae that is up to date (CV)
- A source of information for scholarly purposes
- You must submit a statement explaining your proposed program of study, why you want to pursue it, and why you think you should be awarded the scholarship.
The application deadline for University Of Buckingham UK2022 Ondaatje Postgraduate Scholarship is Friday 1 July 2022.