To help raise the high rate of illiteracy in Bangladesh mainly caused by poverty, Shahjalal Islami Bank Scholarship 2022 has been awarded to help underprivileged students achieve their academic goals.
The Shahjalal Islami Bank Scholarship is for students who passed their SSC/HSC exam with a GPA of 5 but are not financially buoyant to continue their studies.
Students who passed SSC or HSC in 2022 can apply for the Shahjalal Islami Bank Scholarship 2022 so that they can continue their studies at the HSC or Bachelors’s level.
This article gives you an insight into the eligibility criteria for the SIBL scholarship and the deadline for you to apply.
Table of Contents.
- About the sponsor: Shahjalal Islami Bank Limited
- How much is the SIBL scholarship worth?
- SIBL Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- SIBL Scholarship Application Process:
- Shahjalal Islami Bank Scholarship Application Deadline 2022
- FAQ Islami Bank Scholarship 2022
About the sponsor: Shahjalal Islami Bank Limited
Shahjalal Islami Bank is a leading bank in Bangladesh. The bank awards scholarships to students without privileges.
However, Shahjalal Islami Bank Limited (SJIBL) awarded a scholarship to the bright and poor students of the country. In this regard, a scholarship award ceremony was organized at the Dhaka Officers’ Club on 23 March 2022.
Moreso, the Honorable Governor of Bangladesh Bank Mr. Fazle Kabir handed out the scholarship check to the students as the chief guest.
There are 500 students from different Colleges, medical schools, and universities who received the scholarship for their brilliant results.
The main objectives of the Shahjalal Islami Bank Foundation are:
- Provide medical care to poor and afflicted people.
- Educational support to deserving but poor students through scholarships, and awards.
- Financial assistance to people affected by floods, cyclones, or disasters.
- To support humanitarian assistance. Provide financial assistance for the development of the culture, and sports of the country.
- Participate in social and environmental activities.
How Much is SIBL Scholarship Worth?
Among the 500 students nominated for the Scholarship, there are 160 male students for SSC and 140 female students for SSC level, 120 male students for HSC, and 80 female students for HSC level.
All 500 students will receive Tk. Rs 4 crore 19 Lac as a monthly scholarship.
Islami Bank Scholarship 2022 covers all subjects
This SIBL Scholarship Meditation is provided by Shahjalal Islami Bank Limited.
SIBL Scholarship is open for Bangladeshi students who passed their SSCE and HSC exams.
SIBL Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- For Science Group a GPA of 5.00 is required for educational institutions within the city corporation area and a GPA of 4.80 for all other institutions.
- While for other groups a GPA of 4.80 for educational institutions within the city corporation area and a GPA of 4.50 for the rest of all.
- Please note that applicants whose parental income is Tk. 1,20,000.00 per year, are not eligible to apply. If any student is nominated for other scholarships, they cannot apply.
- In other Groups such as Arts and Commerce, the student must have a minimum GPA of 4.80 (Corporate Area of the City) and a GPA of 4.50 (Corporate Area Out of the City).
- Physical disability Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.50 to benefit from the scholarship.
SIBL Scholarship Application Process:
Applicants must submit an application with detailed information. Students can obtain an application form from Shahjalal Islami Bank branches and can also download a 4-page application form from the SIBL Online Website.
However, the Applicants must attach all the documents with a form which is mentioned in form 4. The application submission address is Head of Foundation Head Office, Gulshan South Avenue, Dhaka 1212.
Applicants must submit their application on a blank piece of paper by providing the following information and documents:
Recent passport size color photographs: 3 copies.
Name, parent’s name, permanent and current address, and phone number must be listed on the application. Income certificate that mentions the members of a family.
Educational Qualification Certified Score Sheet.
Recommendation of the current head of the institution.
Shahjalal Islami Bank Scholarship Application Deadline 2022
The last date of application: 08 December 2022
FAQ Islami Bank Scholarship 2022
Who can apply for this scholarship?
Islami Bank Scholarship 2021 is for Bangladeshi students who have passed their SSCE and HCS exams.
What other documents can I submit my application with?
Recent passport-size color photographs: 3 copies.
*Name, father’s last name, permanent and current address, and telephone number must be mentioned in the application.
* Income certificate that mentions members of a family.
* Educational Qualification Certified Score Sheet.
* Recommendation of the current head of the institution.
When is the last date to submit this scholarship?
The last date to submit the 2021 Scholarship application is December 08.