To give an award to the journalism students Investintech.com, Inc in partnership with the Canadian Association of Journalists (CAJ) offers the $1,000 free year membership with the CAJ free pass on the annual journalism conference.
The award is for the students in journalism in undergraduate or graduates degrees for the academic year of 2022-2023. The scholarship is a good potential opportunity that may be able to enhance your knowledge and skills in the journalism field.
The company knows the important role that the data has to play in our daily life and particularly in the news area. Factual data analysis is essential for the integrity of research reports and it is essential to learn how to do it right. That is why a journalist is dealing with what is most important for the future of journalism
The goal of this scholar is to support and inspire journalism students by helping them with the cost of their education, which can often be a barrier to their careers. Not only that, but the company wanted this scholar to serve as a way to help prepare students for a career as a journalist by reflecting on the industry and its ever-increasing data.
As such, this scholar goes to a Canadian student who has shown interest in and understanding data journalism tools and techniques before entering the newsroom professionally.
The scholarship is in partnership with the Canadian Association of Journalists to better ensure that the scholarship is in line with the journalistic guide professionally. CAJ is a renowned journalism organization that provides support to Canadian journalists, educators, communities, and resources in the country.
Scholarship Provider: Investintech.com Inc.
About the Provider
Investintech.com Inc., a Canadian company founded in 2000, and the developers and publishers of proprietary PDF technology. Used on desktop, server, and development products worldwide.
Millions of people in more than 150 countries have used their flagship product PDF Able2Extract. As a company, they focus on providing the company and customers with products that are easy to utilized and deliver good results. All of their products are created by their software development team based in Toronto, Canada, and in the European office
- Academic Year: 2022-203
- Applicants Nationality: Canadian
- Degree Level: Undergraduate and graduate
- Field: Journalism
- Scholarship Award: $1,000
- Scholarship Country: Canada
- Duration: 1 year
- Number of awards: NA
- Renewable: No
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding to the application process, interested students must check the eligibility of the scholarship program. Investintech – CAJ Data Journalism Scholarship is available to students who can prove their interest and skills in journalism.
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree.
- Must be able to demonstrate their interest in the journalism field, the students can provide a publishing news story or in the college publication and any other related articles.
- Currently enrolled or will be enrolled at any of the universities in Canada.
- The course must be related to the scholarship in an undergraduate or graduate degree.
Submission of application can be completed at the provided online portal by the company. The application will be needing the student’s information such as:
- Email Address
- Contact Number
- Program or Degree
- Journalism experience, internship, relevant positions, newspapers/college, blogs, or any relevant to article or data.
- Must be able to complete a short bio in 100-200 words and social links.
- The article must be produced in a year by the time of your application.
- Any individual work will be accepted, if the work consists of 2-4 people who created the article, then the applicants must create their own work before the deadline of the scholarship application.
- The previous recipient of the award will not be accepted.
Types of materials to be submitted
- An example of journalistic work that demonstrates the use of data skills
- An explanation of what you do and how you do it, including the resources you use. For contributions that are part of a group project, applicants must describe their role, the skills they have used to fulfill that role, and specific aspects of the story, such as stories that have been affected by some of the contributions.
- An idea for a project you want to do, especially if you have a lot of skills in data journalism. Create a link to a dataset that shows why the story is worth going through, and a link to a story that you like to do or that inspires you as a journalist.
- Support letter from your adviser or professor
The criteria will be reviewed and awards will be based on the following:
- The materials must be in French or English language only.
- Minimum word of 500 counts for the written submission.
- The submission must be followed and details on the application must be completed thoroughly.
- Writing skills and style
- Strength of the topic
All entries are submitted to a small committee composed of informed journalists. Investintech.com will partner with the CAJ to form a jury of jurors with extensive experience and extensive testimonials from well-known and authoritative media. The official selection committee that will determine the winning proposal will include an Investintech.com representative and a CAJ member to provide input to the selection process.
Each member of the jury will be carefully selected, assessed, and recommended by the CAJ. Journalists are selected on the basis of their past experience, and area of expertise. One member of the jury will be fluent in the French language that will assist in the evaluation of the submitted work in the French language.
The jury will evaluate all entries and limit the results to only one winning entry.
One deserving student will be receiving $1,000, free membership in the Canada Association of Journalists,s and one free pass to the annual National Conference of the CAJ in May 2022 in Montreal, Canada.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until April 29, 2022.