Are you interested in studying, doing? Research, or teaching in India or in the region? Have you thought about doing a job or learning a foreign language abroad? Here you can find all the information about the Wise Scholarship for Indian Students to Study in Germany.
The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is pleased to award the Wise Scholarship to its Indian students to study in Germany. The scholarship is available in the fields of Science and Technology.
DAAD Scholarship for Indian Students
DAAD supports more than 100,000 German and international students and researchers from all over the world each year, making it the largest funding agency of its kind in the world. We also encourage internationalization efforts at German universities, help developing countries build their own higher education systems, and support German and German study abroad programs.
Our Artists in Berlin program is one of the most recognized international scholarship programs for artists.
The DAAD regularly awards prizes for outstanding achievements in the fields of international academic exchange, German language and literature, German as a foreign language, and German studies.
The excellent support initiatives for foreign students at German higher education institutions are also recognized, as well as the excellent achievements of foreign students during their stays at German higher education institutions.
DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service) is the largest German support organization in the field of international university cooperation.
On Work Practices in Science and Engineering (WISE)
The program is open to Indian science and engineering graduates who wish to undertake a research internship at a German higher education institution or at a publicly funded research institute.
The DAAD’s main responsibilities include awarding scholarships, promoting the internationalization activities of German universities and research organizations, strengthening the German language and language study abroad, and assisting developing countries in the creation of productive higher educational institutions.
DAAD is also the National Agency for EU Cooperation in Higher Education.
The purpose of the scholarship is to support Indian students who wish to undertake a research internship at a state-funded German university or research institute.
Pick A Scholarship Popular Wanted Scholarships 2022
- Fully Funded 2022 Scholarships
- Full Commonwealth Scholarships 2022
- Erasmus Mundus scholarships for all countries 2022
- Scholarships for Developing Countries 2022
- DAAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS 2022
Don’t miss any of these Scholarship opportunities.
Level/field of study
The scholarship is available for Indian students. The scholarship is awarded in the field of science and technology.
Scholarships can be accepted in Germany.
Also, read if you want to study outside your home country. Simple and detailed answers on how to apply and win a scholarship.
Aside from the Wise Scholarship for Indian Students in Germany, there are other scholarships available for international students to study abroad.
Indian candidates can apply for the scholarship. You can check our scholarship by country to access all available scholarships.
The scholarship includes the following:
- A monthly scholarship of 750 euros for university students (the monthly payment will be calculated daily, that is, 25 euros per day).
- A flat-rate travel allowance of €1,050.
- Payments for sickness, accident and civil liability insurance covered by the DAAD.
The duration of the scholarship.
A research stay of 2 to 3 months between May and August. Internships of less than 60 days and more than 90 days cannot be supported by this program.
Students who wish to apply must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must belong to one of the selected Indian universities (list of institutions).
- The list of selected entities is influenced, among others, by AICTE accreditation, NAAC accreditation, MHRD assessment, INI (National Significance Institute) status prior to 2010, and the availability of 4- and 5-year master’s students.
- Candidates must be enrolled in programs that can be divided into broad areas such as engineering, math, and science.
- Candidates must be enrolled in the fifth or sixth semester of a four-year undergraduate degree or in the fifth, sixth, seventh, or eighth quarter of a five-year integrated five-year undergraduate (bachelor’s/master’s) degree. years.
- Applicants must not be WISE alumni.
- Prerequisites for the English Language: Very good English skills are expected
- The applicant must have an overall percentage of 85% or higher or the MBM of 8.5/10 and higher from all semesters completed at the time of application.
- All transcripts for completed semesters must be submitted.
- The candidate must be a registered student at your institution. It is necessary to obtain a “no objection certificate” and a “registration certificate” for the duration of the internship from the home institute.
- These forms are available in the “Application Procedure” category of the program announcement.
- The candidate must be in possession of a letter of invitation from a German professor appearing on the letterhead of the German university or research institute.
- A duly completed “Approval Form” (see “Application Procedure”) from the German host is also required.
- Both documents must clearly indicate the exact start and end dates of the internship.
- The candidate must submit a CV and a short research proposal with the documents mentioned above.
- language skills
- German skills are not required.
- Very good command of the English language is expected.
How to apply?
The application process for DAAD scholarships for Indian students is done online through the DAAD portal. You must also send a copy of the “Application Summary” (PDF file), generated on the DAAD portal after the online application process, as well as a reference from an Indian university professor by mail to the DAAD office in New Delhi.
Access to the DAAD Portal opens approximately 6 weeks before the application deadline. Students who wish to apply must meet the following criteria:
1. Documents to download on the DAAD portal.
Online application form
- complete resume
- DAAD Form “Certificate of Registration” completed by the home institution as proof of current registration.
- DAAD “Certificate of No Objection” form completed and stamped by the home institution.
- Letter of invitation from the German supervisor.
- DAAD form “German Host Approval Form” completed by the German supervisor.
- University degree certificates indicating the final grade(s).
2. To be mailed.
- The “Application Summary”, generated on the portal in PDF format and can be printed once the online application process is completed. Send a copy to the DAAD office in New Delhi.
- A recent reference from an Indian university professor providing information on the candidate’s qualifications (see the form on the DAAD application portal)
Please note that the names and surnames on the application form must be identical to those on the passport.
Please note that access to the application portal only appears when the current application period is running. Once the application deadline has passed, the portal for this program will no longer be available until the next application period.
Deadline for application
November 1st each year.
Place of Application
German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
Regional Office in New Delhi
c/o DLTA Complex, RK Khanna Stadium, 1 Africa Avenue,
New Delhi 110029